Sunday, June 7, 2009

Menu Plan Monday--6/8-6/14


Well, another week is here and it'll be gone before we know it! I've tried to plan this week's menu around some of the events that are on the calendar. Of course, the menu is subject to change, although I do try to stick to it as much as possible. :)


Monday--Parmesan Chicken, Salad, Buttered Summer Squash & Dill
I was supposed to make this meal on Sunday (tonight) but yesterday's meal didn't get made thanks to Walmart. So both meals got pushed back a day. Monday evenings are our weekly "Family Home Evening" night. My 2 1/2-year-old daughter is in charge of the lesson and will be using finger puppets to teach us about prayer.


Tuesday--Salisbury Steak, Parsley New Potatoes, Vegetable tray items
This Tuesday will be a busy evening for us. Hubs has a meeting at 4:30pm, and I don't get off work until 5, so I'll have him drop our daughter off at my work and she can hang in my office. Since our son has a baseball game at 6:30pm, hubs will just take our son to his meeting, then head to the baseball game afterwards. My daughter and I will be going to Gardening Club at 7pm and won't get home until after 8. So we'll eat before leaving, and hubs and son will eat when they get home. Thank goodness for freezer meals!


Wednesday--Chili Dogs, French Fries, Watermelon
Hubs' birthday!! He specifically requested chili dogs for dinner. I'll also be making Better Than "Love" Cake, his favorite.


Thursday--Broccoli Baked Potatoes, Squash


Friday--Zesty Italian Pasta, Salad, Sliced Cucumbers


Saturday--Dinner at Cici's Pizza
Our niece's birthday party. Dinner's provided for the kids, so us adults are on our own.


Sunday--Pepper Steak, Stuffed Zucchini, Broccoli & Carrots

Our son will be starting Vacation Bible School this evening at his grandma's church. VBS will last a week and will be 6:30-8pm each evening.


Notice the squash "theme" for this week? That's because we have squash coming out of our ears!! We kind of overplanted squash & zucchini in our garden this year. Little did we know how much each plant--especially the summer squash--would produce!


4 comments:

  1. That all sounds great - I especially like the pepper steak, yum! You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner - it's a great way to organize, collect and share your menus and recipes (like this: http://bit.ly/oFQc8) - I think you'll really like it!

    Rachel @ springpad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Rachel. I will check out springpad's weekly menu planner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I see Your blog but you are not mention too much details about that you just paste out one picks and also so information but it is not sufficient so please update it,
    Thanks

    giant connect - 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Garden Games,
    I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are requesting. I would like to help, but I need you to explain what type of information is not sufficient. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts