UPDATED: 6/25/09 I completely forgot that Friday night was my monthly girls' night out scrapbooking night. So hubs will be on his own for dinner with the kids. I feel bad since hubs hasn't been feeling well, so I'll cook up the rice for Arroz Con Pollo the night before, and hubs will just have to heat it up with the fully-cooked chicken that I'll have leftover from Chicken in a Pot, Tuesday's meal.
I was introduced to the whole "Menu Plan Monday" by my friend Melissa over at Melissa's Bargain Blog. I thought, "What a great concept!" Little did I know that she was one of several hundred bloggers who participated in the Menu Plan Monday. You can't go wrong with an idea that works.
My family has benefited since I started participating in MPM a couple months ago. Gone are the "What's for dinner?" days. If hubs wants to know, all he has to do is look on the frig and see what's posted. By no means is the menu posted set in stone. It is prone to change as things come up. Like tonight, with it being Father's Day, hubs vetoed what I had originally planned for dinner and requested ribs instead. We've definitely saved money following a menu plan and not eating out as much. What a difference! I only wish I had started sooner.
So here's the plan for this week. I will post the recipes throughout the week.
Monday--Grilled Shrimp & Salad, Fried Eggplant (from the garden!)
This is our weekly Family Home Evening night. We're going to learn about saying "I'm sorry."
Tuesday--Chicken in a Pot with root vegetables
Hubs has to conduct a Personal Priesthood Interview at church, which will give our kids some "Mommy time."
Wednesday--Chicken Tenders, French Fries, Cantaloupe
Hubs has an Elders Quorum Presidency meeting at church, so the kids will have more "Mommy time."
Thursday--Grilled Chicken Salad, Mango & Kiwi
Hubs and the missionaries will be visiting some of the families in our church this evening. He sure has a lot of meetings! But that's okay because the kids will get more "Mommy time," something I know they will not object to.
Friday--Arroz Con Pollo, Mixed Vegetables
Nothing on the calendar...yet!
Saturday--Hot Dogs, French Fries, Watermelon
This is our son's last baseball game day. So as a kind of celebration for a job well done, we're going to take him to a minor league baseball game so he can see how the pro's play. We'll eat an early dinner before heading out.
Sunday--Herbed Chicken, Summer Squash Casserole
Hubs and I have choir practice late this afternoon, but that shouldn't interfere with having a nice meal at home.
I encourage you to visit Melissa's Bargain Blog and take a peek at her menu plan. She has some really scrumptious recipes. Melissa has given me several crock-pot recipes that have been added to our list of family favorites. I've said it before--she knows her stuff!
- ► 2010 (216)
- America's Yard Sale
- New & Reset Coupons Available!
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- Cheap Family Fun: Minor League Baseball
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- Wok's For Dinner: Herbed Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/29-7/5
- Portrait of a Healthy Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)...
- When The Going Gets Tough...
- Great Giveaway at Melissa's Bargain Blog!
- Wok's For Dinner: Salads and Texas Pete
- Please Pardon The Interruption
- Tip O' Me Hat To: The Happy Housewife and Her Itch...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken In A Pot
- June OAMM Cooking Results
- Wok's For Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/22-6/28
- How to Get More Bricks Coupons
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Zucchini
- Wok's For Dinner: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Reynolds Kitchens Grilling Guide
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork (Turkey) Tenderloin With Gl...
- The First to Respond Wins
- Menu Plan Monday--6/15-6/21
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Zesty Italian Pasta
- Show Those Weeds Who's Boss
- FREE Sundiwear Stickers
- Breaking the Grocery Store Code
- "You've Had a Birthday...
- And The Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Parsley New Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Check your receipts
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan Chicken
- Last Day for Coupon Giveaway
- Storing and Preserving Fresh Herbs
- June OAMM & AFM Order
- Wok's For Dinner: Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli
- Menu Plan Monday--6/8-6/14
- The Anti-List
- Wok's For Dinner: Don't Know The Name But It's Del...
- Tip o' Me Hat To Moms By Heart
- Wok's For Dinner: Apricot-Glazed Pork (Turkey)
- B.A.B. Giveaway--Coupons, Coupons, Coupons!
- Did You Get Your Free Float at Sonic?
- June Once A Month Menu--Coming Soon
- Our Garden Visitor
- The Salad Spinner
- Wok's For Dinner: Cordon Bleu Casserole
- The Goody Bag
- Pasta & Spice Giveaway @ $5 Dinners
- ▼ June (54)