Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Crunchy Baked Chicken

This recipe has definitely made its way onto my favorites list. I stick really close to the recipe, except for this particular meal, I used chicken leg quarters instead of a whole broiler/fryer chicken. Either way, it tastes great and freezes well, too!

To view the original recipe at Taste of Home, click here. If you want to make this as a freezer meal, prepare as directed on the recipe. It's really versatile, so you can use any bone-in chicken. Whatever you have on-hand or whatever was on sale at the time. It all works good. After baking, let cool for 15 minutes, place in food saver bag, vacuum seal and freeze. I haven't tried it in a freezer bag but it may work if you can get the air out good. Thaw at least 24 hours in your refrigerator, then heat in your microwave, and prepare your tastebuds for some tasty-tasty chicken!

The kids both love this meal, too. They like eating the chicken legs. It's one of the few ways they'll eat chicken without being prompted to do so. Works for me!

I had planned on corn on the cob as a side dish, but when I pulled the cobs out of the fridge, I was so disappointed to see they had started to mold over! Noooo!!! :( And I got such a great dal on them--6 fresh corn on the cobs for only $1. I should have shucked them and put them in the freezer, or at least cooked them up sooner. Very disappointing. But I made the best of it and threw them all in the compost pile. Good thing we got corn growing in our garden. So far a total of 6, so they'll make up for the ones I threw out this evening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts