This recipe has definitely made its way onto my favorites list. I stick really close to the recipe, except for this particular meal, I used chicken leg quarters instead of a whole broiler/fryer chicken. Either way, it tastes great and freezes well, too!
To view the original recipe at Taste of Home, click here. If you want to make this as a freezer meal, prepare as directed on the recipe. It's really versatile, so you can use any bone-in chicken. Whatever you have on-hand or whatever was on sale at the time. It all works good. After baking, let cool for 15 minutes, place in food saver bag, vacuum seal and freeze. I haven't tried it in a freezer bag but it may work if you can get the air out good. Thaw at least 24 hours in your refrigerator, then heat in your microwave, and prepare your tastebuds for some tasty-tasty chicken!
The kids both love this meal, too. They like eating the chicken legs. It's one of the few ways they'll eat chicken without being prompted to do so. Works for me!
I had planned on corn on the cob as a side dish, but when I pulled the cobs out of the fridge, I was so disappointed to see they had started to mold over! Noooo!!! :( And I got such a great dal on them--6 fresh corn on the cobs for only $1. I should have shucked them and put them in the freezer, or at least cooked them up sooner. Very disappointing. But I made the best of it and threw them all in the compost pile. Good thing we got corn growing in our garden. So far a total of 6, so they'll make up for the ones I threw out this evening. :)
- ► 2010 (216)
- America's Yard Sale
- New & Reset Coupons Available!
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- Cheap Family Fun: Minor League Baseball
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- Wok's For Dinner: Herbed Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/29-7/5
- Portrait of a Healthy Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)...
- When The Going Gets Tough...
- Great Giveaway at Melissa's Bargain Blog!
- Wok's For Dinner: Salads and Texas Pete
- Please Pardon The Interruption
- Tip O' Me Hat To: The Happy Housewife and Her Itch...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken In A Pot
- June OAMM Cooking Results
- Wok's For Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/22-6/28
- How to Get More Bricks Coupons
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Zucchini
- Wok's For Dinner: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Reynolds Kitchens Grilling Guide
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork (Turkey) Tenderloin With Gl...
- The First to Respond Wins
- Menu Plan Monday--6/15-6/21
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Zesty Italian Pasta
- Show Those Weeds Who's Boss
- FREE Sundiwear Stickers
- Breaking the Grocery Store Code
- "You've Had a Birthday...
- And The Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Parsley New Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Check your receipts
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan Chicken
- Last Day for Coupon Giveaway
- Storing and Preserving Fresh Herbs
- June OAMM & AFM Order
- Wok's For Dinner: Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli
- Menu Plan Monday--6/8-6/14
- The Anti-List
- Wok's For Dinner: Don't Know The Name But It's Del...
- Tip o' Me Hat To Moms By Heart
- Wok's For Dinner: Apricot-Glazed Pork (Turkey)
- B.A.B. Giveaway--Coupons, Coupons, Coupons!
- Did You Get Your Free Float at Sonic?
- June Once A Month Menu--Coming Soon
- Our Garden Visitor
- The Salad Spinner
- Wok's For Dinner: Cordon Bleu Casserole
- The Goody Bag
- Pasta & Spice Giveaway @ $5 Dinners
- ▼ June (54)