Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Salad Spinner

My grandmother gave me a salad spinner several years ago. It doesn't get used often, because I usually buy the bagged salad. But I pulled it out Monday night when I made a tossed salad to go with our Cordon Bleu Casserole. Believe it or not, it's so much fun to use! And beneficial, too, because it removes a lot of excess water from your lettuce leaves.

After washing and tearing your lettuce leaves, place in basket inside salad spinner bowl.


Next, put the lid on, grab the handle, and proceed to spin!! (This is where the fun part comes in!)


The spinning action pulls the water off the lettuceand onto the sides of the bowl instead.


You're left with salad that's ready for carrots, cucumers, radishes and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts