Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Two words: LOVED IT!
Seriously, it was really, really yummy and smellled like Heaven. I'll definitely make this meal again in the future. It makes a great hands-free Crock-Pot meal. I try to make one crock meal each month when I make my once a month freezer meals, and I made the main course for tonight's meal during my June once a month freezer meal day. It froze well, thawed within a reasonable amount of time, and was easy to heat up in the microwave. Oh, and by the way, the recipe came from one of the Slow Cooker & Cassroles newsletters I received from Taste of Home.
Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 lbs)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of celery soup or mushroom soup, undiluted (I used cream of celery)
1 can (12 oz) evaproated milk
1 large onion, sliced
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
In a 3-qt slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir in ham. Reduce heat to low; cook 6-8 hours longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
The potatoes were a little "well done" for this meal. I followed the directions, high 1 hour, low for only 6 hours, and still they overcooked. I've decided that my 3qt crock is cooking on "high" even if I have the setting on "low." It wasn't the first time I overcooked a meal with the 3qt crock. But that's okay. Nothing was burnt, and it certainly didn't affect the flavor of tonight's meal. If anything, it was like eating a really, really good potato & ham chowder. Like I mentioned earlier, LOVED IT!
- ► 2010 (216)
- America's Yard Sale
- New & Reset Coupons Available!
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- Cheap Family Fun: Minor League Baseball
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- Wok's For Dinner: Herbed Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/29-7/5
- Portrait of a Healthy Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)...
- When The Going Gets Tough...
- Great Giveaway at Melissa's Bargain Blog!
- Wok's For Dinner: Salads and Texas Pete
- Please Pardon The Interruption
- Tip O' Me Hat To: The Happy Housewife and Her Itch...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken In A Pot
- June OAMM Cooking Results
- Wok's For Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/22-6/28
- How to Get More Bricks Coupons
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Zucchini
- Wok's For Dinner: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Reynolds Kitchens Grilling Guide
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork (Turkey) Tenderloin With Gl...
- The First to Respond Wins
- Menu Plan Monday--6/15-6/21
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Zesty Italian Pasta
- Show Those Weeds Who's Boss
- FREE Sundiwear Stickers
- Breaking the Grocery Store Code
- "You've Had a Birthday...
- And The Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Parsley New Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Check your receipts
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan Chicken
- Last Day for Coupon Giveaway
- Storing and Preserving Fresh Herbs
- June OAMM & AFM Order
- Wok's For Dinner: Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli
- Menu Plan Monday--6/8-6/14
- The Anti-List
- Wok's For Dinner: Don't Know The Name But It's Del...
- Tip o' Me Hat To Moms By Heart
- Wok's For Dinner: Apricot-Glazed Pork (Turkey)
- B.A.B. Giveaway--Coupons, Coupons, Coupons!
- Did You Get Your Free Float at Sonic?
- June Once A Month Menu--Coming Soon
- Our Garden Visitor
- The Salad Spinner
- Wok's For Dinner: Cordon Bleu Casserole
- The Goody Bag
- Pasta & Spice Giveaway @ $5 Dinners
- ▼ June (54)