Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli


So this was supposed to be Saturday night's meal, but got postponed to Sunday night since that 3-hour fiasco I experienced at Walmart Saturday night put me getting home waaaayyy too late to make anything. But it's ok. By now I've gotten used to making adjustments to my weekly menu plans. However, having a menu planned for the week is definitely a blessing, saving me from the "What's for dinner?", "I don't know, what do you want for dinner?" routine we used to have!

Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli

Ingredients:

1 large round steak, sliced thin, fat removed (I used ribeye)

2-3 Tbsp olive oil

1/2 cup diced onion

1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into florets (I used frozen)

1 can chicken broth

4 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce

garlic powder, to taste

black pepper, to taste

2-3 red bell peppers, thinly sliced (substituted sliced carrots; didn't have any peppers when I prepared this meal ahead of time on my freezer meal cooking day)

~ 5 tsp cornstarch, to thicken

Directions:

Bown meat and onion in large skillet. Remove after cooking and set aside. Saute' broccoli and red pepper in skillet; cook until tender. Return meat and onion to skillet. Season with garlic and pepper. Combine soy sauce and chicken broth with cornstarch and add to meat/vegetable mixture. Cover and occasionally stir over low heat for abou 5 minutes. Serve with rice. If frezing: You can omit adding the vegetables and just cook the meat with the onion, seasonings, and broth mixture. Then add to freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal and freeze; thaw 24 hours in refrigerator; heat in skillet with your vegetables and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts