Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Salads and Texas Pete

With everything that's been going on this week (busy, busy!) I've tried to keep our meals nice & simple.
Wednesday night was Chicken Tenders, French Fries & Cantaloupe. I decided to get a little fancy with the cantaloupe and made melon balls. I think hubs and I were still newlyweds the last time I made melon balls. The kids were really intrigued and quickly gobbled up the little melon balls. So I may have to make them again. I wanted a tasty dipping sauce for the chicken tenders and fries, and immediately thought of my favorite--honey mustard. But since I took the time to make melon balls, and it was supposed to be a "quick" meal, I didn't even bother to make homemade honey mustard sauce. Instead, I pulled out the good ol' trusty Texas Pete Honey Mustard Sauce. It tasted good and was a perfect fit for the meal, so I guess I did all right. ;)

And then tonight, I made more of a chef salad ratherthan the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad that I had originally planned. The chicken I had cooked up on my Once a Month Mom freezer meal cooking day this past Saturday. I cut the chicken into strips, cooked it up in a skillet with some Italian dressing and froze in a freezer bag. For tonight, after making a salad with some lettuce, shredded carrots, and sliced cucumbers (from the garden!) I heated the chicken (already thawed in frig) with some cubed turkey ham in the microwave for about 1 minute, then placed on top of the salad. Added a light amount of honey mustard dressing (not Texas Pete this time :) and voila! Chef Salad. The whole family enjoyed it, and it tasted really good.

Have you ever tried marinating your chicken with Italian dressing? Give it a try. Even if you're not an Italian dressing fan, I think you'll really enjoy the flavor of grilled or saute'd chicken that has marinated in Italian dressing. Your chicken will be very flavorful, moist and tender!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts