Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes

Tonight we had Pepper Steak, a freezer meal I made in March. It was so good. But instead of making the stuffed zucchini that I had planned for tonight, I made Broccoli Baked Potatoes, which I had planned for earlier in the week but had to cancel. So I thought I'd just combine the meals. You can't go wrong with steak and potatoes. :)

Broccoli Baked Potatoes

Ingredients:
6 medium potatoes
1/2 to 1 pkg frozen broccoli
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper

Directions:
Scrub potatoes. Make shallow slits around the middle as if you were cuttng the potatoes in half lengthwise. Place in microwave on a paper towel and heat for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare broccoli according to package directions. Place prepared broccoli in large bowl and mash down with a fork. When potatoes are fork-tender, remove from microwave. Carefully slice the potatoes in half and scoop the insides into bowl with the broccoli. Add the milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Mash together with an electric mixer until the potatoes scoops are smoothed out and mixture is pale green with dark green flecks. Heap into the potato jackets. Place stuffed potatoes onto a cookie sheet; bake for about 15 minutes at 350 F.

These potatoes are GREAT!! I've made twice-baked potatoes and stuffed potatoes before, but nothing like this. The whole family loved the potatoes, even my husband who ate more than his fair share (and didn't leave any left over for my lunch tomorrow). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts