Friday, June 12, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Zesty Italian Pasta

We were supposed to have Broccoli Baked Potatoes on Thursday night. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. I didn't get off work until after 7pm because I had an employee who sustained an injury at work. The employee is all right, but because I got home so late, hubs heated up a couple pizzas in the oven for dinner. I could have made the potatoes tonight, but I didn't want to push back the rest of the meals that are planned for this week. So I made the pasta dish. We had a tossed salad and, instead of cucumbers, we had squash from the garden.


Zesty Italian Pasta

Ingredients:

1 lb Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch chunks

1 medium onion, chopped

2 cans (14.5oz each) diced tomatoes

1/4 cup tomato paste (I omitted when I made this as a freezer meal; didn't have any in the cabiet)

16oz cooked pasta

12 cup mozzarella, shredded

Directions:

Cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink; drain. Blend in tomatoes and paste; heat until hot. Toss with pasta; top with cheese. If freezing: Prepare as directed, omitting the cheese. This will make enough for 2 or 3 meals, depending on the size of your family, so you can cut the recipe in half, or split into 2 or 3 freezer bags, squeeze out air, seal and freeze. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in skillet or saucepan, add cheese and serve.


The whole family likes this meal (the Zesty Italian Pasta). I even got my daughter to try the squash, and she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts