Monday, June 29, 2009
Tonight's meal was quick and easy to prepare, thanks to our garden (provider of the summer squash), Angel Food Ministries (provider of the watermelon and ground beef for the sloppy joe's) and once a month freezer meals (provider of the prepared sloppy joe's)!
Barbecued Sloppy Joe's
1 lb ground beef
1/2 chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup barbecue sauce, any flavor
Cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet until cooked through; drain. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add barbecue sauce; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Fill buns with beef mixture and serve. If freezing: After mixing in barbecue sauce, place beef mixture into a freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal and freeze. Thaw at least 24 hours in the refrigerator. Heat in microwave in a microwave-safe bowl for about 3-4 minutes then serve.
My little 2 1/2 yr-old daughter ate her entire sloppy joe--I am still stunned. I cut hers up into 4 triangles and she ate every bit of it. She wouldn't touch the squash or the watermelon, but I can't complain since she happily ate her sloppy joe. On the other hand, my son ate all of his watermelon, plus his sister's watermelon, but refused to eat more than a couple bites of his sloppy joe, and none of the squash. Isn't it amazing how two kids, who were raised in the same house, fed the same food, have such different appetites?
- ► 2010 (216)
- America's Yard Sale
- New & Reset Coupons Available!
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- Cheap Family Fun: Minor League Baseball
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- Wok's For Dinner: Herbed Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/29-7/5
- Portrait of a Healthy Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)...
- When The Going Gets Tough...
- Great Giveaway at Melissa's Bargain Blog!
- Wok's For Dinner: Salads and Texas Pete
- Please Pardon The Interruption
- Tip O' Me Hat To: The Happy Housewife and Her Itch...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken In A Pot
- June OAMM Cooking Results
- Wok's For Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/22-6/28
- How to Get More Bricks Coupons
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Zucchini
- Wok's For Dinner: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Reynolds Kitchens Grilling Guide
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork (Turkey) Tenderloin With Gl...
- The First to Respond Wins
- Menu Plan Monday--6/15-6/21
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Zesty Italian Pasta
- Show Those Weeds Who's Boss
- FREE Sundiwear Stickers
- Breaking the Grocery Store Code
- "You've Had a Birthday...
- And The Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Parsley New Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Check your receipts
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan Chicken
- Last Day for Coupon Giveaway
- Storing and Preserving Fresh Herbs
- June OAMM & AFM Order
- Wok's For Dinner: Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli
- Menu Plan Monday--6/8-6/14
- The Anti-List
- Wok's For Dinner: Don't Know The Name But It's Del...
- Tip o' Me Hat To Moms By Heart
- Wok's For Dinner: Apricot-Glazed Pork (Turkey)
- B.A.B. Giveaway--Coupons, Coupons, Coupons!
- Did You Get Your Free Float at Sonic?
- June Once A Month Menu--Coming Soon
- Our Garden Visitor
- The Salad Spinner
- Wok's For Dinner: Cordon Bleu Casserole
- The Goody Bag
- Pasta & Spice Giveaway @ $5 Dinners
- ▼ June (54)