Sunday, June 28, 2009
I've only made this meal a couple times, but it's always turned out well. I added it to my June Once a Month Mom freezer meal plan since I had bought a 10 lb bag of chicken leg quarters that were on sale (48 cents a pound!). After preparing and cooking this meal on my freezer meal cooking day, I simply placed the chicken leg quarters into a gallon-size freezer bag and stuck it in the freezer. The leg quarters were a little bulky, but they froze up nicely. I let the leg quarters thaw in the fridge for about 36 hours (pulled them out Saturday morning and heated in the microwave Sunday evening before serving). They were very tender, moist & juicy--yummy and full of flavor!
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
3/4 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried marjoram leaves
3/4 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves (I used fresh oregano from my garden)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
3-3 1/2 lb broiler/fryer chicken, cut up (I used chicken leg quarters)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix olive oil with onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and garlic. Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Coat with herb mixture. Bake uncovered 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
Hubs had seconds on the chicken and the kids gobbled up their chicken drumsticks. For myself, I enjoyed this meal, too. I must have done something right! :)
- ► 2010 (216)
- America's Yard Sale
- New & Reset Coupons Available!
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- Cheap Family Fun: Minor League Baseball
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- Wok's For Dinner: Herbed Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/29-7/5
- Portrait of a Healthy Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken & Rice)...
- When The Going Gets Tough...
- Great Giveaway at Melissa's Bargain Blog!
- Wok's For Dinner: Salads and Texas Pete
- Please Pardon The Interruption
- Tip O' Me Hat To: The Happy Housewife and Her Itch...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken In A Pot
- June OAMM Cooking Results
- Wok's For Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs
- Menu Plan Monday: 6/22-6/28
- How to Get More Bricks Coupons
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Zucchini
- Wok's For Dinner: Crunchy Baked Chicken
- The Goody Bag
- Reynolds Kitchens Grilling Guide
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork (Turkey) Tenderloin With Gl...
- The First to Respond Wins
- Menu Plan Monday--6/15-6/21
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Zesty Italian Pasta
- Show Those Weeds Who's Boss
- FREE Sundiwear Stickers
- Breaking the Grocery Store Code
- "You've Had a Birthday...
- And The Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Parsley New Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Check your receipts
- Wok's For Dinner: Parmesan Chicken
- Last Day for Coupon Giveaway
- Storing and Preserving Fresh Herbs
- June OAMM & AFM Order
- Wok's For Dinner: Stir Fry Beef & Broccoli
- Menu Plan Monday--6/8-6/14
- The Anti-List
- Wok's For Dinner: Don't Know The Name But It's Del...
- Tip o' Me Hat To Moms By Heart
- Wok's For Dinner: Apricot-Glazed Pork (Turkey)
- B.A.B. Giveaway--Coupons, Coupons, Coupons!
- Did You Get Your Free Float at Sonic?
- June Once A Month Menu--Coming Soon
- Our Garden Visitor
- The Salad Spinner
- Wok's For Dinner: Cordon Bleu Casserole
- The Goody Bag
- Pasta & Spice Giveaway @ $5 Dinners
- ▼ June (54)