Sunday, March 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10

I've changed up the menu plan form I've been using for the past year. I ran out of sheets for the old menu plan I've been using, which basically allowed me to write down the menu for each day of the week plus a section where I could write a grocery list, except I used that section to write down the activities for the week so I could better plan the menu in accordance to what was "going on." I decided to create a weekly planner that was similar to the one Kat from Inspired To Action had created with her Maximize Your Mornings ebook (FREE!, you can request yours here).
My new menu plan sheets include a scripture study plan, workout plan, and to-do list as well as the events and menu for each day. Now I have one "go to" visual for me, posted right next to the calendar, and it doesn't take up a lot of space. Hubs noticed it immediately and gave me a thumbs up of his approval. As you can see above, I scanned a copy for you to see what I'm talking about. By no means it is complete for this upcoming week. :)

And yes, I even added a couple things on the workout plan this week, and I have very high hopes that I'll be able to get started. We bought a new exercise bike, something we've talked about and talked about getting for about 6 months now. After lots of shopping around, and comparing, and debating, and saving, we finally picked one out and it's an early anniversary present to each other. Hubs has used it a few times already, and I just need to try it out myself. I'm not going to overdo it by trying to cycle every day this week, but I will do two days this week to start out. Baby steps for now!

On to the menu plan for this week! Recipes will post throughout the week, so please check back often. :)

Monday--Chicken Angel Hair Pasta, Zucchini
This is our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE night. We'll be putting up our Easter decorations and talking about the true meaning of Easter as we do so.

Tuesday--Chicken Tacos & all the toppings
I have a meeting later this evening, so hubs gets to put dinner together.

Wednesday--Pizza Casserole, Pears
Hubs' turn to have a meeting this evening. This is a freezer meal, so I'll try to get everything heated up and ready for him to eat in time for him to go to his meeting.

Thursday--Lite Lemon Chicken, Couscous, Cheesy Cauliflower

Friday--Salmon Patties, Ants on a Log, Vegetable Medley

Saturday--Slow Cooked Pork Tacos, Rice

Sunday--
I was going to make these muffins this morning, but ended up not making anything. But I do want to give them a try so I put them back on the menu for this week.
Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchiladas, Fruit Cocktail

For hundreds of menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts