These potatoes are heaven on a fork! Very easy & very versatile because you can change up the toppings, creating different flavor combinations to suit your taste buds.
Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
2-3 large potatoes. or 6-8 small/medium potatoes
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
2-3 tsp cider vinegar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepepr or cajun seasoning
Toppings of your choice: shredded cheese, chopped green onion, sour cream, bacon bits, chives, etc.
Scrub potatoes clean, and pierce in several places with a fork. Cook the potatoes either by 1) microwaving on high for 10-15 minutes, or 2) wrapping in foil, placing on a baking sheet and baking in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Meanwhile, mix chicken with barbecue sauce, vinegar and cayenne or cajun seasoning in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until chicken is heated through and sauce is hot. Place cooked potatoes on serving plates and remove foil (if you baked in the oven). Cut potatoes up, and spoon chicken mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle your favorite toppings on top, serve & enjoy!
- Wok's For Dinner: Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garden Update: New Life
- March Freezer Cooking Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/29-4/4/10
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- Time Out For Women: A Haircut
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Spectacular Sides: Orange Salad
- Bargain Buys & Bulk Meat Purchase
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 11
- A Better Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
- Guest Post at Melissa's Bargain Blog
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/22-3/28/10
- Garden Buddies
- Bulk Meat Purchases: Planning Ahead for Freezer Da...
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabb...
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 10
- Wok's For Dinner: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/15-3/21/10
- Planting Peas on St. Patrick's
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Doubting Your Bargain Purchases
- Bargain Buys: A Week of Groceries Under $26!!
- Garden Update: From Seeds to Seedlings
- Wok's For Dinner: Salmon Patties (a.k.a. Krabby Pa...
- Gardening With Your Kids
- Wok's For Dinner: Lite Lemon Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- March OAMM Menu
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 9
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
- Time Out For Women
- Spectacular Sides: Carrot & Raisin Sald
- Wok's For Dinner: Kraut Bierocks
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10
- The Goody Bag
- Our 2010 Gardening Adventures Have Begun!
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Trout Au Gratin
- A Better Breakfast: Apple Date Yogurt
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Roast With Plum/Fig Sauce
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 8
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison and Bean Tostadas
- ▼ March (53)