If there's one thing that I have trouble doing, it's taking time out for me. I've tried focusing on being a bit more feminine this year, wearing make-up more often, washing my face morning & night (I've never been good about washing off the make-up at night), painting my toenails, maintaining good posture...things like that.
But I am really, really bad about my wardrobe. I would rather buy clothes, shoes and toys for the kids, than to even replace a worn-out pair of shoes for myself. I'd rather wear that worn-out pair of shoes, knowing that the money I would need to spend to replace them, regardless of amount, could go towards something we need. Food. Bills. More clothes & shoes & toys for the kids (what can I say, I love them).
I finally decided to Take Time Out For Women--this particular woman, as a matter of fact. And I bought myself a pair of shoes.
And I love them. I didn't feel guilty whatsoever buying them. I planned ahead, preparing myself mentally for the purchase.
Seriously, I have a problem spending money on myself.
But as I mentioned, I planned for this purchase. I budgeted for it. I knew ahead of time that I wanted a new pair of shoes, and I prepared my mind mentally for the purchase. So there would be no guilt. No, "But I really should spend the money on _____ instead."
I came home with a smile on my face, and I wore my new shoes to church the next day.
I think that I can find a way to budget a second new pair of shoes, maybe a purchase a few weeks down the road. :)
How about you? Are you comfortable spending money on yourself, or do you feel guilty at the simplest purchase for yourself?
- Wok's For Dinner: Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garden Update: New Life
- March Freezer Cooking Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/29-4/4/10
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- Time Out For Women: A Haircut
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Spectacular Sides: Orange Salad
- Bargain Buys & Bulk Meat Purchase
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 11
- A Better Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
- Guest Post at Melissa's Bargain Blog
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/22-3/28/10
- Garden Buddies
- Bulk Meat Purchases: Planning Ahead for Freezer Da...
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabb...
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 10
- Wok's For Dinner: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/15-3/21/10
- Planting Peas on St. Patrick's
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Doubting Your Bargain Purchases
- Bargain Buys: A Week of Groceries Under $26!!
- Garden Update: From Seeds to Seedlings
- Wok's For Dinner: Salmon Patties (a.k.a. Krabby Pa...
- Gardening With Your Kids
- Wok's For Dinner: Lite Lemon Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- March OAMM Menu
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 9
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
- Time Out For Women
- Spectacular Sides: Carrot & Raisin Sald
- Wok's For Dinner: Kraut Bierocks
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10
- The Goody Bag
- Our 2010 Gardening Adventures Have Begun!
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Trout Au Gratin
- A Better Breakfast: Apple Date Yogurt
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Roast With Plum/Fig Sauce
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 8
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison and Bean Tostadas
- ▼ March (53)