I loved these tostadas! Hubs, too, said that he enjoyed them, and the kids ate them really well, although I served theirs taco-style since it was easier for them to handle.
Venison and Bean Tostadas
8 flour tortillas
1 lb ground venison (you can substitute ground turkey or ground beef)
1 small onion, chopped
1 pk taco seasoning mix
2/3 cup water
1 can (15oz) chili beans, undrained
toppings of your choice: lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.
Cook ground venison with onion in a large skillet, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain any grease. Stir in taco seasoning, water, and chili beans. Simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortillas on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 7 minutes or until crisp. If they puff up during baking, just pok them with a knife or pat them down with a spatula or your hand (make sure the tortillas have cooled down first!). Place baked tortillas on plates, top with lettuce, venison mixture, and your favorite toppings.
If freezing: Allow venison mixture to cool after cooking and simmering with beans and taco seasoning. Place into a gallon-size freezer bag, squeeze out the air, seal & lay flat in the freezer. Thaw 24-36 hours in the refrigerator. Heat in a medium saucepan on the stove, and serve over tortillas.
- Wok's For Dinner: Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garden Update: New Life
- March Freezer Cooking Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/29-4/4/10
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- Time Out For Women: A Haircut
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Spectacular Sides: Orange Salad
- Bargain Buys & Bulk Meat Purchase
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 11
- A Better Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
- Guest Post at Melissa's Bargain Blog
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/22-3/28/10
- Garden Buddies
- Bulk Meat Purchases: Planning Ahead for Freezer Da...
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabb...
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 10
- Wok's For Dinner: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/15-3/21/10
- Planting Peas on St. Patrick's
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Doubting Your Bargain Purchases
- Bargain Buys: A Week of Groceries Under $26!!
- Garden Update: From Seeds to Seedlings
- Wok's For Dinner: Salmon Patties (a.k.a. Krabby Pa...
- Gardening With Your Kids
- Wok's For Dinner: Lite Lemon Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- March OAMM Menu
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 9
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
- Time Out For Women
- Spectacular Sides: Carrot & Raisin Sald
- Wok's For Dinner: Kraut Bierocks
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10
- The Goody Bag
- Our 2010 Gardening Adventures Have Begun!
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Trout Au Gratin
- A Better Breakfast: Apple Date Yogurt
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Roast With Plum/Fig Sauce
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 8
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison and Bean Tostadas
- ▼ March (53)