I kind of giddy with excitement. Hubs and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary this week! Yeehaw!! In years' past, we've gone on adventures to Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro, and even a trip to Asheville, NC, which resulted in a hike at both Chimeny Rock and Biltmore Estate (we were tickled the other night while watching some TV and saw that the Duggars were recently at Biltmore). But this year, I'm not able to take the time off from work, and we just don't have the financial means to do anything but. So we plan to scrimp & save our pennies and do something for the big 10 next year (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a tour of The Outer Banks lighthouses, which will include a few ferry rides, Kitty Hawk (where the Wright Brothers made their first flight), Roanoke Island, and a trip to an island inhabitated by wild horses!).
Here's the menu plan for this week. I'll post recipes throughout the week, so please check back often.
Monday--BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Mixed Vegetables, Pears
This is our weekly Family Home Evening, or FHE, night. We'll have a discussion of the Savior and his sacrifice and why we celebrate Easter. And, finally get those Easter decorations pulled out of the attic and put on display (this was last week's activity, but we planted seeds instead).
Anniversary day!!!! Hubs gets to take me somewhere special while the grandparents are in charge of watching the kids.
Wednesday--Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, of course!
Thursday--Hubs & kids are on their own
I'll be out at a Relief Society Enrichment Meeting, and dinner will be served. Relief Society is the women's organization in my church and is one of the oldest women's organizations.
Friday--Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry, Rice, Mandarin Oranges
Saturday--Li'l Cheddar Meatloaves, Orange Salad, Green Beans
Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
Dinner: Corned Beef Sammies, Navy Beans, Apples
For hundreds of menu plan options, please visit OrgJunkie.com! Laura even has a giveaway this week, so check it out & link your menu to be entered into the giveaway. :)
- Wok's For Dinner: Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garden Update: New Life
- March Freezer Cooking Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/29-4/4/10
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- Time Out For Women: A Haircut
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Spectacular Sides: Orange Salad
- Bargain Buys & Bulk Meat Purchase
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 11
- A Better Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
- Guest Post at Melissa's Bargain Blog
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/22-3/28/10
- Garden Buddies
- Bulk Meat Purchases: Planning Ahead for Freezer Da...
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabb...
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 10
- Wok's For Dinner: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/15-3/21/10
- Planting Peas on St. Patrick's
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Doubting Your Bargain Purchases
- Bargain Buys: A Week of Groceries Under $26!!
- Garden Update: From Seeds to Seedlings
- Wok's For Dinner: Salmon Patties (a.k.a. Krabby Pa...
- Gardening With Your Kids
- Wok's For Dinner: Lite Lemon Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- March OAMM Menu
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 9
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
- Time Out For Women
- Spectacular Sides: Carrot & Raisin Sald
- Wok's For Dinner: Kraut Bierocks
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10
- The Goody Bag
- Our 2010 Gardening Adventures Have Begun!
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Trout Au Gratin
- A Better Breakfast: Apple Date Yogurt
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Roast With Plum/Fig Sauce
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 8
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison and Bean Tostadas
- ▼ March (53)