Just one way that I have found helps me find "balance" and enjoy the busyness of life!
This week's list:
- Dust/vacuum--my son actually asked me this evening if he could vacuum the rugs. Who was I to say "no"? Well, it was close to bedtime, so I asked him to wait until the next morning.
- Put out Easter decorations, and let the kids help out.
- Till up and expand our garden. We got some seeds planted in little transplant peat pots this evening--corn, peas, lettuce, more corn & more peas. Would have done more but we need to buy some more trays to put the peat pots in. Still, it's a start! Hubs and I have talked about making the garden bigger this year, so we're going to try to get that done by this weekend since it's supposed to be nice & sunny.
- √Plan March once a month cooking menu. Is it already that time? Yikes! I feel like I just made my February menu and cooked everything up. I might not get to this part of the To-Do list. I've got to stock up on some more meat to better plan my menu. Right now, all I have is some chicken. I got the Piggly Wiggly flyer in the mail today, and after a quick glance, I saw that pork loins were on sale for $1.59/lb, so I think I'll go snag me one of those because I'll be able to cut a loin up into enough chops for 10 meals. I'll have to see what else is on sale this week when I get the new IGA and Food Lion flyers when they arrive in my mailbox on Wednesday.
- √Read at least one chapter out of my personal reading book. I've kinda procrastinated on my personal reading the past few weeks, allowing myself to get caught up in other tasks. I've done great reading a chapter of The Good Book nearly every day, and reading to the kids on a fairly regular basis. But the personal reading, reading for pleasure, reading because I need to spend time just relaxing and enjoying a nice book, I tend to put off doing anything like that because I'm not very good at taking time for just "me."
How about you? What's on your To-Do List this week? Visit Week 54 at Crazy Adventures in Parenting, and link up!