Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Here it is, an all new freezer menu planned! I'm oober excited about the menu. I'm sticin' to mostly family favorites, and trying out a few new recipes that I've been hanging on to. I plan on making March 27 my big freezer cooking day.
You might be thinking, "A cooking day?" Yes, pretty much, a day. I spend several hours in the kitchen, whipping up a month's worth of meals that I put into the freezer. Although it seems like it might be overwhelming to spend that much time in the kitchen, I actually do enjoy cooking, and I especially enjoy my freezer meal cooking days. I don't pair up with another cook; instead, I just try to wing it on my own as best as I can.
In the beginning, hubs promised he would keep the kids distracted--taking them to the park, playing outside, playing video games or watching a movie. Yeah, you guessed it, that hasn't gone so well. So I've learned how to just deal with kids and their obsessive need for mommy's attention. I allow them to help out in the kitchen, and they've learned how to be patient and wait for mommy's break so she can help them. Somehow, it works out and I end up with a freezer full of meals.
Here's the menu that I've planned out:
Chicken Pasta Stroganoff
Mediterranean Wrap Sandwiches
Lemony Chicken Saute'
Orange Stir-Fried Chicken
Glazed Chicken and Rice Pilaf
Chicken and Squash
Chicken in a Pot
Barbecued Sloppy Joes
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Tomato Pasta Bake
Hamburger Steak With Sweeet Onion Mushroom Gravy
Glazed Pork Stir-Fry
Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Apple Pork Kabobs
Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
Pork Chops With Tarragon-Mustard Sauce
Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
Moroccan Pork Chops
Teriyaki Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
Hash Brown Pork Skillet
Grilled Pork Chops
Sausage Zucchini Skillet
For some helps regarding freezer meals, check out my posts about helpful Tools of the Trade--Freezer Bags, Food Savers, Food Processors--and ways to make different freezer meals--Recipes That Work and this other post on Recipes That Work.
For ideas & tips on how to create your own freezer menu, visit Tricia at Once A Month Mom and read up on her Create Your Own Menu series.
- Wok's For Dinner: Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garden Update: New Life
- March Freezer Cooking Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/29-4/4/10
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- Time Out For Women: A Haircut
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Spectacular Sides: Orange Salad
- Bargain Buys & Bulk Meat Purchase
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 11
- A Better Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
- Guest Post at Melissa's Bargain Blog
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/22-3/28/10
- Garden Buddies
- Bulk Meat Purchases: Planning Ahead for Freezer Da...
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabb...
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 10
- Wok's For Dinner: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/15-3/21/10
- Planting Peas on St. Patrick's
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Doubting Your Bargain Purchases
- Bargain Buys: A Week of Groceries Under $26!!
- Garden Update: From Seeds to Seedlings
- Wok's For Dinner: Salmon Patties (a.k.a. Krabby Pa...
- Gardening With Your Kids
- Wok's For Dinner: Lite Lemon Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- March OAMM Menu
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 9
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
- Time Out For Women
- Spectacular Sides: Carrot & Raisin Sald
- Wok's For Dinner: Kraut Bierocks
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10
- The Goody Bag
- Our 2010 Gardening Adventures Have Begun!
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Trout Au Gratin
- A Better Breakfast: Apple Date Yogurt
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Roast With Plum/Fig Sauce
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 8
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison and Bean Tostadas
- ▼ March (53)