I ended up working late tonight (seems to be a reoccurring theme lately), so hubs tried his best to get started on supper to help me out. So sweet! How I love him so. :) I do not use Alfredo sauce in my recipe, but hubs pulled it out of the cupboard, so I took the hint that he wanted the Alfredo sauce. Not a problem. It's a very rare treat that I make anything with Alfredo, so I didn't put up a fuss and allowed it for this meal, especially considering that my hubbie pulled all the ingredients out so they'd be ready for me to put it all together when I got home.
Chicken Angel Hair Pasta (with Alfredo sauce)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded or cut in 1-inch cubes
1-2 carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
1 pkg (10oz) frozen broccoli
1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
12oz angel hair pasta or spaghetti
2/3 cup pasta water or chicken broth or 1 bottle Alfredo sauce (we used the Alfredo tonight)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
ground black pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Begin heating water for pasta; cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, add carrot to skillet; cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli and minced garlic or garlic powder to skillet; cook, stirring, for 2-4 minutes longer. Add chicken broth / pasta water or Alfredo sauce. Stir in lemon juice and cooked chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan and ground black peppper.
- Wok's For Dinner: Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garden Update: New Life
- March Freezer Cooking Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/29-4/4/10
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- Time Out For Women: A Haircut
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Spectacular Sides: Orange Salad
- Bargain Buys & Bulk Meat Purchase
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 11
- A Better Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
- Guest Post at Melissa's Bargain Blog
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/22-3/28/10
- Garden Buddies
- Bulk Meat Purchases: Planning Ahead for Freezer Da...
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabb...
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 10
- Wok's For Dinner: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/15-3/21/10
- Planting Peas on St. Patrick's
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Doubting Your Bargain Purchases
- Bargain Buys: A Week of Groceries Under $26!!
- Garden Update: From Seeds to Seedlings
- Wok's For Dinner: Salmon Patties (a.k.a. Krabby Pa...
- Gardening With Your Kids
- Wok's For Dinner: Lite Lemon Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- March OAMM Menu
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 9
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
- Time Out For Women
- Spectacular Sides: Carrot & Raisin Sald
- Wok's For Dinner: Kraut Bierocks
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10
- The Goody Bag
- Our 2010 Gardening Adventures Have Begun!
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Trout Au Gratin
- A Better Breakfast: Apple Date Yogurt
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Roast With Plum/Fig Sauce
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 8
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison and Bean Tostadas
- ▼ March (53)