I made this recipe once before, but it's been a very long time. I think it's a great dish that uses simple ingredients found in every pantry. Not a lot of fuss, and a good, home-cooked meal for the family. It also freezes well, which is an added bonus. :)
1 cup macaroni noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2-4oz cans tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup grated cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full with water and bring to a boil over high heat; add macaroni and cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, brown ground beef and onion in large skillet over medium high, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain grease. Stir in tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder; simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Mix together tomato/beef mixture with cooked macaroni, then pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.
If freezing: Prepare the macaroni noodles, and cook up the ground beef and onion. When done, stir in tomato sauce and seasonings, and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix tomato/beef mixtre with macaroni. Allow to cool slightly, then place in gallon-size freezer bag, seal and lay flat in the freezer. Thaw 24-48 hours in the refrigerator. Place in baking dish, sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil, and bake in 350-degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Making Your Own Sale Part 2
- Making Your Own Sale Part 1
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage & Zucchini Skillet (with...
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/26-5/2/10
- Garden Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Moroccan Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemony Chicken Saute'
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/19-4/25/10
- Macaroni Casserole
- It Pays To Contact Manufacturers
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes
- Spectacular Sides: Cheesy Shells & Broccolil
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Steak (with meal price...
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 14 And A Bit Of Remembrance
- Blogoversary Giveaway Winner!
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken and Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--4/12/10-4/18/10
- Need A Good Work Out?
- Strawberries Are A-Comin'!
- Double-Check Those Manager Special Price Tags!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mini Pizzas
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Crescents
- To Do Tuesday: Week 13 and Return & Report 2010 Go...
- Happy Blogoversary & Giveaway!
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/5/10-4/11/10
- Happy Easter!
- Wok's For Dinner: Glazed Chicken and Raisin Pilaf
- A Better Breakfast: Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gardening Blues
- Attack of the Yellow Stuff
- Bargain Buy: Value-Priced Milk!
- Wok's For Dinner: Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 12
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops
- ▼ April (38)