Tonight's meal was inspired by a recipe I got from Sun-Maid in a free cookbook they sent me a long, long time ago. I misplaced the cookbook (I tend to collect cookbooks and recipes, so I have trouble keeping up with them all), but I found a similar recipe over here at Recipezaar. I made some adaptations to fit our family.
Glazed Chicken and Rice Pilaf
1 cup rice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp whole coriander
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp chicken bouillon
1 cup raisins
3 green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp dried parsley
cooked chicken, shredded (you can use chicken cut into 1-inch chunks, too)
Place rice, cinnamon, coriander and chicken broth in rice cooker; cover with lid and turn cooker on. Meanwhile, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, water & bouillon in a skillet over medium heat and let simmer for a few minutes. Stir in raisins, green onions, parsley and chicken, then heat through. Serve over cooked rice.
- Making Your Own Sale Part 2
- Making Your Own Sale Part 1
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage & Zucchini Skillet (with...
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/26-5/2/10
- Garden Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Moroccan Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemony Chicken Saute'
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/19-4/25/10
- Macaroni Casserole
- It Pays To Contact Manufacturers
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes
- Spectacular Sides: Cheesy Shells & Broccolil
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Steak (with meal price...
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 14 And A Bit Of Remembrance
- Blogoversary Giveaway Winner!
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken and Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--4/12/10-4/18/10
- Need A Good Work Out?
- Strawberries Are A-Comin'!
- Double-Check Those Manager Special Price Tags!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mini Pizzas
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Crescents
- To Do Tuesday: Week 13 and Return & Report 2010 Go...
- Happy Blogoversary & Giveaway!
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/5/10-4/11/10
- Happy Easter!
- Wok's For Dinner: Glazed Chicken and Raisin Pilaf
- A Better Breakfast: Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gardening Blues
- Attack of the Yellow Stuff
- Bargain Buy: Value-Priced Milk!
- Wok's For Dinner: Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 12
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops
- ▼ April (38)