Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Glazed Chicken and Raisin Pilaf

Tonight's meal was inspired by a recipe I got from Sun-Maid in a free cookbook they sent me a long, long time ago. I misplaced the cookbook (I tend to collect cookbooks and recipes, so I have trouble keeping up with them all), but I found a similar recipe over here at Recipezaar. I made some adaptations to fit our family.

Glazed Chicken and Rice Pilaf

Ingredients:
1 cup rice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp whole coriander
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp chicken bouillon
1 cup raisins
3 green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp dried parsley
cooked chicken, shredded (you can use chicken cut into 1-inch chunks, too)

Directions:
Place rice, cinnamon, coriander and chicken broth in rice cooker; cover with lid and turn cooker on. Meanwhile, stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, water & bouillon in a skillet over medium heat and let simmer for a few minutes. Stir in raisins, green onions, parsley and chicken, then heat through. Serve over cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts