Sunday, April 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday--4/12/10-4/18/10

I did not do a good job AT ALL sticking to last week's menu. We've had so much going on, and now baseball has been thrown into the mix. Not only is on son playing, my husband is also head coach of the team. He's been helping out with getting dinner ready several days during the week, but now we have to rethink things in order to maintain some means of order, and to not succumb to eating out and spending money that we don't have. And since I haven't been using up the freezer meals due to lack of poor planning and preparing (hence not sticking to the menu plan very well the past couple of weeks) our freezer is still packed full. I've decided to postpone my next once a month cooking day until the first weekend in May, so that means no freezer meal day in April. There's just too much going on. Fortunately, I do have enough meals to last through the month, and I think with some 3 P's--proper planning & preparation--we'll be able to stick to a menu plan each week.

So here's what I have on the menu this coming week:

Monday--Barbecued Sloppy Joe's, Apple Slices
My son has his first baseball game this evening. I picked a quick-to-prepare freezer meal that won't take but a few minutes to heat up, and a really simple side dish. The game is rather early in the evening, so we'll have to eat when we get home.

Tuesday--Pork Chops With Glazed Onions, hubs gets to pick the sides
I have my weekly Young Women (program for the youth-aged girls) activity on this night. It is "Basic Car Maintenance" and the young men get to teach the girls how to check/change the oil, change a tire, etc. Makes me appreciate that I learned that kind of stuff when I was younger. It sure came in handy when I was in college and had to change a flat tire--in a dress and high heels--on my way to church one Sunday!

Wednesday--Rice Casserole, Carrot & Celery Sticks
My husband's turn to have a meeting at church. The chicken for this meal is already cooked up, so I'll probably have him prepare the rice & broccoli, and I'll take over when I get home from work so we can eat before he has to leave.

Thursday--Hamburger Steak w/Sweet Onion Mushroom Gravy, Pinto Beans, Green Beans
The menfolk will have baseball practice this evening, and us womenfolk will be going to the dance studio for my daughter's pictures with her classmates in their recital costumes.

Friday--Macaroni Casserole
We have a potluck dinner and dance at church this evening. I'll take the casserole and probably a dessert, if I have time to get it prepared the night before. We'll be having such a rushed week, so I'll be doing good just to remember to get the casserole thawed in time, put into a casserole dish, and heated up before heading out. I'll probably need my husband's help for this one.

Saturday--Lemony Chicken Saute' with Sauteed Cabbage
My husband will be on a guys' trip to go deep sea fishing all day. I plan on spending the better part of the day spring cleaning the kids' bedroom and getting it organized, then taking whatever we can't keep or don't have room for to Good Will. I'll have the kids, so I'm going to put them to work helping out. I'd prefer to do it by myself, but it definitely needs their involvement so they can--hopefully--understand the importance and urgent need to keep their room clean. ha. haha. That's a good one! One can only hope, right? :)

Sunday--
Breakfast: Cranberry-Orange Muffins
Dinner: Lasagna Roll-Ups, Salad
I missed out on making the muffins this weekend, so I plan on trying again. I used to work at Tim Horton's when I lived with Michigan, and one of my absolute favorite things to eat were the Cranberry-Orange Muffins that we made. I don't have the secret recipe, but I'm going to try to make a close alternative. We'll see!

Please visit OrgJunkie for hundreds more menu plan options!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts