Thursday, April 22, 2010
I found the basic recipe for this meal at Taste of Home, but used chicken thighs when I first prepared it several months ago. It's definitely different from what I grew up on. I don't think that it ever occurred to my mom to use ingredients such as raisins and cinnamon in a main dish. But I liked it, that's for sure.
Moroccan Pork Chops
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tsp flour
4 pork loin chops
2 tsp olive oil
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp chicken broth
1 1/2 oz raisins
1 tsp flour
In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Set aside 1 tsp spice mixture. Add flour to remaining mixture, and coat pork chops. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm. Add green onion to the pan, then stir in broth and raisins. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and return pork chops to the pan. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through. Combine 1 tsp flour with remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops.
If freezing: Place cooked pork chops and sauce into a freezer bag, seal up and lay flat in the freezer. Thaw 24 hours in the refrigerator, and heat in the microwave. Very convenient when you've got events going on in the evening like Spring ball games! :)
- Making Your Own Sale Part 2
- Making Your Own Sale Part 1
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage & Zucchini Skillet (with...
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/26-5/2/10
- Garden Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Moroccan Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemony Chicken Saute'
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/19-4/25/10
- Macaroni Casserole
- It Pays To Contact Manufacturers
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes
- Spectacular Sides: Cheesy Shells & Broccolil
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Steak (with meal price...
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 14 And A Bit Of Remembrance
- Blogoversary Giveaway Winner!
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken and Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--4/12/10-4/18/10
- Need A Good Work Out?
- Strawberries Are A-Comin'!
- Double-Check Those Manager Special Price Tags!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mini Pizzas
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Crescents
- To Do Tuesday: Week 13 and Return & Report 2010 Go...
- Happy Blogoversary & Giveaway!
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/5/10-4/11/10
- Happy Easter!
- Wok's For Dinner: Glazed Chicken and Raisin Pilaf
- A Better Breakfast: Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gardening Blues
- Attack of the Yellow Stuff
- Bargain Buy: Value-Priced Milk!
- Wok's For Dinner: Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 12
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops
- ▼ April (38)