Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Mini Pizzas

I really wish that I had a picture for this recipe. I really do. We ate these Tuesday night. And since I had to leave right after work to head to church for a meeting, hubs actually prepared the meal and played "Meals On Wheels" with the kids, bringing me my dinner to me as I was leaving work so I could eat it on the way to church. Unfortnately, he didn't think to take a picture, and there were not any leftovers--not even one!

Fortunately, these little pizzas are a definite crowd-pleasure, and even little kids will enjoy preparing them. You can make these with as much variety of toppings as you want--mix & match what you like--pepperoni, sausage & mushroom, plain cheese. It's all good! And you can bet your socks that it's a much healthier (and cheaper!) alternative to pizza delivery!

Mini Pizzas

Ingredients:
1 pkg 6-count English mufins
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb ground sausage, cooked
pepperoni slices
Other toppings of your choice: sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, chopped bell pepepr...
shredded Mozzarella
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Split Englis muffins in half horizontally and arrange on a baking sheet. Spread about 2 Tbsp spaghetti sauce onto each muffin. Sprinkle sausage and/or pepperoni slices on top along with your other favorie toppings. Sprinkle some cheese on top and some Italian seasoning evenly over each pizza. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.

If freezing: To save some time, prepare the ground sausage ahead of time and freeze. Thaw 12-24 hours in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts