I really wish that I had a picture for this recipe. I really do. We ate these Tuesday night. And since I had to leave right after work to head to church for a meeting, hubs actually prepared the meal and played "Meals On Wheels" with the kids, bringing me my dinner to me as I was leaving work so I could eat it on the way to church. Unfortnately, he didn't think to take a picture, and there were not any leftovers--not even one!
Fortunately, these little pizzas are a definite crowd-pleasure, and even little kids will enjoy preparing them. You can make these with as much variety of toppings as you want--mix & match what you like--pepperoni, sausage & mushroom, plain cheese. It's all good! And you can bet your socks that it's a much healthier (and cheaper!) alternative to pizza delivery!
1 pkg 6-count English mufins
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb ground sausage, cooked
Other toppings of your choice: sliced olives, sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, chopped bell pepepr...
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Split Englis muffins in half horizontally and arrange on a baking sheet. Spread about 2 Tbsp spaghetti sauce onto each muffin. Sprinkle sausage and/or pepperoni slices on top along with your other favorie toppings. Sprinkle some cheese on top and some Italian seasoning evenly over each pizza. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
If freezing: To save some time, prepare the ground sausage ahead of time and freeze. Thaw 12-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Making Your Own Sale Part 2
- Making Your Own Sale Part 1
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage & Zucchini Skillet (with...
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/26-5/2/10
- Garden Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Moroccan Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemony Chicken Saute'
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/19-4/25/10
- Macaroni Casserole
- It Pays To Contact Manufacturers
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes
- Spectacular Sides: Cheesy Shells & Broccolil
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Steak (with meal price...
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 14 And A Bit Of Remembrance
- Blogoversary Giveaway Winner!
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken and Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--4/12/10-4/18/10
- Need A Good Work Out?
- Strawberries Are A-Comin'!
- Double-Check Those Manager Special Price Tags!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mini Pizzas
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Crescents
- To Do Tuesday: Week 13 and Return & Report 2010 Go...
- Happy Blogoversary & Giveaway!
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/5/10-4/11/10
- Happy Easter!
- Wok's For Dinner: Glazed Chicken and Raisin Pilaf
- A Better Breakfast: Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gardening Blues
- Attack of the Yellow Stuff
- Bargain Buy: Value-Priced Milk!
- Wok's For Dinner: Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 12
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops
- ▼ April (38)