I kid you not when I say that my husband declared this to be the best-tasting chicken dish he'd had in a long time. What an ego booster for me! Especially considering last time I made this, probably 2 or 3 years ago, he did not like it at all. What a difference a few years makes. Actually, the big difference this time is that I used cooked chicken, instead of cooking the chicken up the night we ate this meal.
Lemony Chicken Saute'
1lb cooked chicken (about 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves)
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 green onions, sliced
1-4oz can sliced mushrooms, or 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add garlic, green onions and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and lemon juice. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Add cooked chicken; simmer over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley and serve.
The cooked chicken was made using my slow cooker, one of the best and certainly easiest ways to cook chicken in advance if you ask me. If you buy your chicken in bulk, (10lb bags of chicken leg quarters often go on sale down here for $0.48/lb) then throw all the chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. Remove the chicken and use the bones to make Homemade Chicken Broth. The cooked chicken can be frozen for a really delectable roasted flavor in your next meal!
- Making Your Own Sale Part 2
- Making Your Own Sale Part 1
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage & Zucchini Skillet (with...
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/26-5/2/10
- Garden Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Moroccan Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemony Chicken Saute'
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/19-4/25/10
- Macaroni Casserole
- It Pays To Contact Manufacturers
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes
- Spectacular Sides: Cheesy Shells & Broccolil
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Steak (with meal price...
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 14 And A Bit Of Remembrance
- Blogoversary Giveaway Winner!
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken and Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--4/12/10-4/18/10
- Need A Good Work Out?
- Strawberries Are A-Comin'!
- Double-Check Those Manager Special Price Tags!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mini Pizzas
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Crescents
- To Do Tuesday: Week 13 and Return & Report 2010 Go...
- Happy Blogoversary & Giveaway!
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/5/10-4/11/10
- Happy Easter!
- Wok's For Dinner: Glazed Chicken and Raisin Pilaf
- A Better Breakfast: Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gardening Blues
- Attack of the Yellow Stuff
- Bargain Buy: Value-Priced Milk!
- Wok's For Dinner: Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 12
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops
- ▼ April (38)