That really deep color of the onions is created using good ol' balsamic vinegar and dark brown sugar. These chops are sinfully delicious!
Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
2 onions, sliced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup raisins
1/8 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 pork loin chops
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Saute' onions in olive oil in a medium skillet for 2-3 minutes. Add raisins, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender. Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish. Cover with onion mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until chops are done (pork chops should be about 160 degrees with a meat thermometer).
If freezing: Cook as directed and allow to cool. Place chops & onion mixture into a freezer bag, squeezing out as much air as possible, seal & lay flat in freezer. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave.
- Making Your Own Sale Part 2
- Making Your Own Sale Part 1
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage & Zucchini Skillet (with...
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/26-5/2/10
- Garden Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Moroccan Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Lemony Chicken Saute'
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/19-4/25/10
- Macaroni Casserole
- It Pays To Contact Manufacturers
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes
- Spectacular Sides: Cheesy Shells & Broccolil
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Steak (with meal price...
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Chops With Glazed Onions
- Wok's For Dinner: Barbecued Sloppy Joes
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 14 And A Bit Of Remembrance
- Blogoversary Giveaway Winner!
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken and Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--4/12/10-4/18/10
- Need A Good Work Out?
- Strawberries Are A-Comin'!
- Double-Check Those Manager Special Price Tags!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mini Pizzas
- A Better Breakfast: Sausage Crescents
- To Do Tuesday: Week 13 and Return & Report 2010 Go...
- Happy Blogoversary & Giveaway!
- Menu Plan Monday: 4/5/10-4/11/10
- Happy Easter!
- Wok's For Dinner: Glazed Chicken and Raisin Pilaf
- A Better Breakfast: Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gardening Blues
- Attack of the Yellow Stuff
- Bargain Buy: Value-Priced Milk!
- Wok's For Dinner: Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 12
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops
- ▼ April (38)