Lately, I've been going to bed late and getting up early, which unfortunately leaves me dragging during the day. I say lately, but it's been going on for a few months now. All too often, I find myself zoning in & out of consciousness while sitting at my computer at work. That's usually when it's the worst. Not that I find my job boring! I love working in human resources. But sometimes, things get a little tedious, especially on days that I don't acquire much sleep.
I don't drink coffee, so I needed to find a few ways to help me get a good "pick me up". To Your Health lists 3 simple steps that can be taken to help fight fatigue. They're so simple! Why didn't I think of this before?!
Get a Move-On
While it may seem a bit counterintuitive, moderate physical activity actually increases your energy levels. Even something as simple as a brisk walk around the block can be enough to get you out of your couch potato doldrums.
In fact, fatigue can be caused by a sedentary lifestyle; the less you move, the more tired you are, particularly when movement is required.
Eating the right kinds of food at the right intervals is vital to maximizing energy throughout the day. It all starts with a balanced breakfast, followed by small meals and snacks every two to three hours. Choose low-fat, complex carbohydrates to fuel your body, and avoid foods that can deplete energy stores; sugar and caffeine, though temporary boosts, will sap energy quickly.
Stress, anger and other types of negative energy can lead to profound fatigue, particularly if you're losing sleep over it. Obsessing over an irritating co-worker or a personal financial crisis will do little to solve anything, but it definitely will expend valuable mental and physical energy. Whenever you're stressed or angry, find ways to stay balanced and let it all out productively.
So thankfullly, I haven't fallen asleep at work today. Must have eaten the right kind of foods or I'm doing a good job at staying "balanced" because I definitely did not get a move on today!
- ► 2010 (216)
- Provident Living Quiz Questions Revealed
- Be Careful What You Volunteer For
- Menu Plan Monday--6/1-6/7
- Wok's For Dinner: Cabbage Rolls
- Fighting Fatigue
- The Goody Bag
- You Know You're Too Busy When...
- Minor League Baseball Ticket BOGO
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven-Fried Chicken
- Make-It-Yourself Cleaners
- Cheap Family Fun: The Beach
- Wok's For Dinner: Kielbasa & Cabbage
- Balancing Act Basics Siesta
- Menu Plan Monday--5/25-5/31
- Those Pesky Critters
- Wok's For Dinner: Southwestern Chicken Fajita Wrap...
- The Joys of Being a Parent
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Steak Fajita Quesadillas
- Summer Salads: Tomato & Avocado Salad
- The Goody Bag
- And the Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Shrimp On Mixed Green Sa...
- Tip o' Me Hat to Melissa's Bargain Blog
- How to Apply Wallpaper Border
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken in a Pot
- Wok's For Dinner: Our Weekend Meals
- Giveaway Extended--Enter While You Still Can!
- May Once a Month Cooking Experience
- Menu Plan Monday--5/18-5/24
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
- B.A.B. $258+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Nothing Fancy
- Frugal Family Fun: Summer Concert Series
- Failing Foward
- Wok's For Dinner: Festive Shrimp Kabobs
- Encouraging Your Budding Artist
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Menu Plan Monday--5/11-5/17
- The Goody Bag
- Summer Broccoli Salad
- The Prayer Basket
- Wok's For Dinner: The Oops Meal
- Craftastic Ways to Celebrate Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Marsala
- Preparing for Severe Weather Disasters
- Win a Full-Size Sample of Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet...
- When You've Got Strawberries Coming Out of Your Ea...
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Beef Strips
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamed Chicken & Biscuits, Carr...
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!
- Family Helps: Preserving Kids' Projects
- Menu Plan Monday--5/4-5/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Pasta Crab Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pepper Steak
- May OAMM & AFM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Relay for Life a.k.a. Hubs is on...
- ▼ May (60)