Sunday, May 3, 2009

May OAMM & AFM Menu

Updated 5/5/09 (found a recipe for Strawberry Muffins that I couldn't pass up)
Updated 5/16/09 (see below)

I've prepared my Once a Month Mom (OAMM) freezer meal menu based on the Angel Food Ministries menu for May. Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization dedicated to providing financial support in the form of food relief to communities throughout the United States. Angel Food offers a medium-sized box of food for $30 that feeds a family of four for about one week. The menu varies each month, and consists of both fresh and frozen items with an average retail value of approximately $60. Click here to learn more about Angel Food Ministries (AFM). To find out why I order from AFM, click here. You can also click here to find out how I used my AFM order to make freezer meals.


I was so excited when I reviewed the May menu after picking up my order for April (the host church where I pick-up my order always provides the next month's menu along with an order form). They have a new "Latin Flavors" fruit & vegetable box for only $22. Both the Latin Flavors and regular Fruit & Veggie box are absolutely loaded in May.

The pick-up day for the AFM order at my local host church is May 16, so I will use that date as my OAMM freezer meal cooking day. The menu:

Breakfasts: only a few for use on the weekends
Blueberry Muffins
Chocolate Pancakes (removed from list 5/16/09)
Calabacita Squash Bread (updated 5/16/09)
Fresh Strawberry Muffins (added 5/5/09)
Banana Nut Bread (added 5/16/09)

Dinners:
Parmesan Chicken (added 5/16/09)
Chicken in a Pot (added 5/16/09)
Apricot-Glazed Pork
Pork Tenderloin w/Glazed Onions
Tomato-Basil Chicken
Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
Crunchy Baked Chicken
Shrimp & Italian Sausage Gumbo
Grilled Shrimp on Mixed Green Salad
Southwestern Chicken Fajita Wraps
Steak Fajitas
Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (removed 5/16/09, didn't have enough of the ingredients)
Stir-Fry Beef & Broccoli
Cordon Bleu Casserole
Basic BBQ Babyback Ribs (removed 5/16/09; will make fresh)
Don't Know the Name But It's Delicious
Steak Fajita Quesadillas
Chicken Tacos
Oven-Fried Chicken
Zesty Italian Pasta
Steak & Vegetable Bake

The dinner list is definitely less than a month's-worth, but it all works out ok because I have several meals that I've planned that will either need to be made the day of (Cabbage Rolls, Omelettes, Kielbasa & Cabbage) or they are meals in my AFM order that are "heat & serve" style. I'll make sure to posts the recipes in my Wok's For Dinner series, so be on the lookout!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts