Updated 5/5/09 (found a recipe for Strawberry Muffins that I couldn't pass up)
Updated 5/16/09 (see below)
I've prepared my Once a Month Mom (OAMM) freezer meal menu based on the Angel Food Ministries menu for May. Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization dedicated to providing financial support in the form of food relief to communities throughout the United States. Angel Food offers a medium-sized box of food for $30 that feeds a family of four for about one week. The menu varies each month, and consists of both fresh and frozen items with an average retail value of approximately $60. Click here to learn more about Angel Food Ministries (AFM). To find out why I order from AFM, click here. You can also click here to find out how I used my AFM order to make freezer meals.
I was so excited when I reviewed the May menu after picking up my order for April (the host church where I pick-up my order always provides the next month's menu along with an order form). They have a new "Latin Flavors" fruit & vegetable box for only $22. Both the Latin Flavors and regular Fruit & Veggie box are absolutely loaded in May.
The pick-up day for the AFM order at my local host church is May 16, so I will use that date as my OAMM freezer meal cooking day. The menu:
Breakfasts: only a few for use on the weekends
Chocolate Pancakes (removed from list 5/16/09)
Calabacita Squash Bread (updated 5/16/09)
Fresh Strawberry Muffins (added 5/5/09)
Banana Nut Bread (added 5/16/09)
Parmesan Chicken (added 5/16/09)
Chicken in a Pot (added 5/16/09)
Pork Tenderloin w/Glazed Onions
Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid
Crunchy Baked Chicken
Shrimp & Italian Sausage Gumbo
Grilled Shrimp on Mixed Green Salad
Southwestern Chicken Fajita Wraps
Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (removed 5/16/09, didn't have enough of the ingredients)
Stir-Fry Beef & Broccoli
Cordon Bleu Casserole
Basic BBQ Babyback Ribs (removed 5/16/09; will make fresh)
Don't Know the Name But It's Delicious
Steak Fajita Quesadillas
Zesty Italian Pasta
Steak & Vegetable Bake
The dinner list is definitely less than a month's-worth, but it all works out ok because I have several meals that I've planned that will either need to be made the day of (Cabbage Rolls, Omelettes, Kielbasa & Cabbage) or they are meals in my AFM order that are "heat & serve" style. I'll make sure to posts the recipes in my Wok's For Dinner series, so be on the lookout!
- ► 2010 (216)
- Provident Living Quiz Questions Revealed
- Be Careful What You Volunteer For
- Menu Plan Monday--6/1-6/7
- Wok's For Dinner: Cabbage Rolls
- Fighting Fatigue
- The Goody Bag
- You Know You're Too Busy When...
- Minor League Baseball Ticket BOGO
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven-Fried Chicken
- Make-It-Yourself Cleaners
- Cheap Family Fun: The Beach
- Wok's For Dinner: Kielbasa & Cabbage
- Balancing Act Basics Siesta
- Menu Plan Monday--5/25-5/31
- Those Pesky Critters
- Wok's For Dinner: Southwestern Chicken Fajita Wrap...
- The Joys of Being a Parent
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Steak Fajita Quesadillas
- Summer Salads: Tomato & Avocado Salad
- The Goody Bag
- And the Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Shrimp On Mixed Green Sa...
- Tip o' Me Hat to Melissa's Bargain Blog
- How to Apply Wallpaper Border
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken in a Pot
- Wok's For Dinner: Our Weekend Meals
- Giveaway Extended--Enter While You Still Can!
- May Once a Month Cooking Experience
- Menu Plan Monday--5/18-5/24
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
- B.A.B. $258+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Nothing Fancy
- Frugal Family Fun: Summer Concert Series
- Failing Foward
- Wok's For Dinner: Festive Shrimp Kabobs
- Encouraging Your Budding Artist
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Menu Plan Monday--5/11-5/17
- The Goody Bag
- Summer Broccoli Salad
- The Prayer Basket
- Wok's For Dinner: The Oops Meal
- Craftastic Ways to Celebrate Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Marsala
- Preparing for Severe Weather Disasters
- Win a Full-Size Sample of Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet...
- When You've Got Strawberries Coming Out of Your Ea...
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Beef Strips
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamed Chicken & Biscuits, Carr...
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!
- Family Helps: Preserving Kids' Projects
- Menu Plan Monday--5/4-5/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Pasta Crab Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pepper Steak
- May OAMM & AFM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Relay for Life a.k.a. Hubs is on...
- ▼ May (60)