Friday, May 22, 2009

The Joys of Being a Parent

There are certain milestones our kids eventually reach that remind us that being a parent is a very rewarding assignment from our Heavenly Father.


For instance, our children eventually go to school. Whether it's preschool, public school, or home school, it will eventually happen. And when that day comes, they will, we hope, graduate. My son graduated from preschool Thursday night. It was a very proud parent moment and my heart is still swelling. :) He said that he is ready to go to Kindergarten now. I'm not so sure that I'm ready for him to go to Kindergarten, but it makes my heart happy to know how much he loves school and learning and that he's excited for the next step.


Another proud parent moment is when our children discover that crayons work on other things aside from paper and coloring books, like the car door and window. Okay, maybe not so much a "proud" parent moment. My son never went through this phase. But the reality is that some kids do, and my daughter is definitely one of those kids. She recently started coloring her clothes, her shoes, the walls of the house, and today's experiment was on the car. **sigh** I did hand her a wipe and together we cleaned it off. She promised that she would only color on paper and coloring books from now on. We'll see how long it lasts!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts