Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday--5/11-5/17


I should have posted this last night, but I've been battling a sinus infection and bronchitis all weekend. After waking up this morning with a fever and lots of other unpleasantness, I finally went to see a doctor and was prescribed a strong antibiotic. I took the day off, made sure to get plenty of rest on the couch, and I'm happy to report that the fever has gone away, the coughing has subsided, and my head no longer feels like it's going to explode. Hopefully, this means that the worst has passed and I'll be feeling 100% soon.

Anyhow, on with this week's menu!

Monday--Honey-Mustard Glazed Salmon, Broccoli & Couscous, Sliced Cucumbers (we were supposed to have this meal last week, but got pushed back)
Tuesday--Festive Shrimp Kabobs, Corn on the Cob, Teriyaki Noodles
Wednesday--KFC Grilled Chicken & Sides--free meal thanks to Internet coupons!!
Thursday--Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry & Rice, Carrot Sticks, Sliced Apples
Friday--Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid, Cucumber Salad, Cinnamon Pears
Saturday--Crunchy Baked Chicken, Saffron Yellow Rice, Tossed Salad
Sunday--Stir Fried Garlic Shrimp, Sticky Rice, Egg Drop Soup




3 comments:

  1. Did you hear that you have to get a raincheck and mail it in with your coupons to get a "free meal" now? They were overwhelmed with people coming in for the free chicken and were running out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - hope you're feeling better...I've been dealing with the same yuckiness for about 2 weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not aware of the raincheck until reading your comment, Melissa--thank you so much for giving me the heads' up and saving me from a lot of embarrassment! I would not have been a happy camper if I had shown up at KFC this evening and been turned away. And thankfully I am feeling better but it has been slow, oh so slow, a process. I can't wait until my voice no longer sounds like a frog has taken up residence!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts