Monday, May 4, 2009
Laua, the Organizing Junkie, has a great "top 10" list of how she selects her recipes, providing great tips for on-the-go families like my own. My husband recently found out he is allergic to corn, wheat, and several other basic food ingredients which I have been trying to limit in my cooking (he is not severely allergic, but will break out in a rash if he doesn't stay on top of his allergy medicine), so it was nice to read that Laura's husband and son also have dietary needs. Comforting to know that I'm not the only one racking my brain for food alternatives! You can read Laura's Top 10 List For Selecting Recipes here.
My family's menu for the week of 5/4-5/10/09:
Monday--Creamed Chicken & Biscuits, Carrot & Raisin Salad (this meal was supposed to be made on 5/3 but got pushed back a day)
Tuesday--Saucy Beef Strips with Egg Noodles, Sugar Snap Peas
Wednesday--Chicken Marsala, Celery Sticks w/Ranch dressing, Saute'd Apples
Thursday--Honey Mustard-Glazed Salmon, Broccoli & Couscous, Sliced Cucumbers
Friday--Chicken & Broccoli Casserole, Carrot & Raisin Salad
Saturday--Bird's Eye Voila! (I bought this a few weeks ago and need to make it so I can clip the UPC's and get a $5 rebate for buying Voila! and Madagascar 2.), Broccoli & Cauliflower
Sunday--Festive Shrimp Kabobs, Corn on the Cob, Teriyaki Noodles
We've got another busy week. It never ends. **sigh** I guess I'd rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs all day. :)
- ► 2010 (216)
- Provident Living Quiz Questions Revealed
- Be Careful What You Volunteer For
- Menu Plan Monday--6/1-6/7
- Wok's For Dinner: Cabbage Rolls
- Fighting Fatigue
- The Goody Bag
- You Know You're Too Busy When...
- Minor League Baseball Ticket BOGO
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven-Fried Chicken
- Make-It-Yourself Cleaners
- Cheap Family Fun: The Beach
- Wok's For Dinner: Kielbasa & Cabbage
- Balancing Act Basics Siesta
- Menu Plan Monday--5/25-5/31
- Those Pesky Critters
- Wok's For Dinner: Southwestern Chicken Fajita Wrap...
- The Joys of Being a Parent
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Steak Fajita Quesadillas
- Summer Salads: Tomato & Avocado Salad
- The Goody Bag
- And the Winner Is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Shrimp On Mixed Green Sa...
- Tip o' Me Hat to Melissa's Bargain Blog
- How to Apply Wallpaper Border
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken in a Pot
- Wok's For Dinner: Our Weekend Meals
- Giveaway Extended--Enter While You Still Can!
- May Once a Month Cooking Experience
- Menu Plan Monday--5/18-5/24
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
- B.A.B. $258+ Coupon Giveaway!!
- Wok's For Dinner: Nothing Fancy
- Frugal Family Fun: Summer Concert Series
- Failing Foward
- Wok's For Dinner: Festive Shrimp Kabobs
- Encouraging Your Budding Artist
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Menu Plan Monday--5/11-5/17
- The Goody Bag
- Summer Broccoli Salad
- The Prayer Basket
- Wok's For Dinner: The Oops Meal
- Craftastic Ways to Celebrate Mom
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Marsala
- Preparing for Severe Weather Disasters
- Win a Full-Size Sample of Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet...
- When You've Got Strawberries Coming Out of Your Ea...
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Beef Strips
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamed Chicken & Biscuits, Carr...
- Guest Post on Once a Month Mom!
- Family Helps: Preserving Kids' Projects
- Menu Plan Monday--5/4-5/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Pasta Crab Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Pepper Steak
- May OAMM & AFM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Relay for Life a.k.a. Hubs is on...
- ▼ May (60)