Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Our Weekend Meals

I've been so tied up trying to get ready for my freezer meal cooking day, that I neglected publishing recipes for our meals. Sorry, please forgive me! Here's what we've had:

Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid--this is a recipe I got from Startsampling. It always tastes so good, and the whole family loves it. I can braid a head of hair any ol' day, but I'm not so good at braiding the crescent dough. Here's my sad attempt at "braiding":

It doesn't really matter in the end, as long as it tastes good ,right? If you want to use this meal as a freezer meal, simply prepare all the ingredients excluding the crescent dough. Store in food saver or freezer bag. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Place in medium-size bowl, heat in microwave. Unroll your crescent dough and follow the remainder of the steps on the recipe.


Crunchy Baked Chicken -- a recipe from Taste of Home that has become a family favorite. I stuck to the recipe, except turned it into a freezer meal. If you want to make it a freezer meal, prepare the chicken using the recipe; place into a food saver bag and vacuum seal, or flash freeze then place in a freezer bag, squeeze out air & seal bag. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator; heat in microwave.

Stir-Fried Garlic Shrimp
Ingredients:
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
1 lb medium-size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cups sliced mushrooms (I just used 1 can mushrooms)
1 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chicken broth
Directions:
Cook and stir garlic in oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add shrimp; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms, onions and broth; stir-fry unil shrimp are pink and vegetables are hot, about 2 minutes longer. If freezing: plac in gallon-size freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator.
I added a bag of sliced carrots to the recipe to give it a little more bulk. I decided not to make Eggdrop Soup with this meal, thinking we had enough with the stir fry & teriyaki noodles after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts