Friday, May 8, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: The Oops Meal

I've definitely got the Mommy Brain. You know, the brain that just sort of deteriorates once a child comes into this world, forgetful, absent-minded. Case in point. I created navigation links under the header of my blog. And, well, the only one that works is the "About" link. Didn't realize that until long after I had created the links (and I just haven't had the time or motivation to figure out how to correct the problem). Oops. And tonight I realized that I had skipped a meal on my menu plan for this week. We were supposed to have Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon last night. Last night's dinner, Chicken & Broccoli Casserole, was supposed to be tonight's dinner. And tonight's dinner was supposed to be for tomorrow. Oops, oops. I guess that's okay, it all worked out in the end anyways, right? We'll just have the salmon on Saturday night instead.



So tonight, the Oops Meal, was Bird's Eye Voila! Alfredo Chicken. I had intended on making a side of broccoli & cauliflower, but the Voila! had broccoli in it, and I decided that I didn't need to overdue it on that particular vegetable. (Yet another "oops" since I "should have known" the Voila! had broccoli, right?) I bought the Voila! because it had a $5 rebate with the purchase of the movie Madagascar 2. I wanted to make sure we ate it before the rebate and UPC symbols had to be mailed off, and tonight was my son's baseball pratice, so I needed a quick-fix meal anyways. So my Oops Meal worked out all right after all. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts