Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Pepper Steak


For dinner Saturday, we had Pepper Steak, a freezer meal I made using New York Strip steak I had received in my April Angel Food Ministries (AFM) order. I want to say that I've made this meal before, but I honestly do not remember. It's very rare that I actually make "steak"; usually, I'll just use the ribeye or NY Strip from the AFM order in a stir-fry. But I must say that it was so good to eat steak...mmm...steak. Didn't hurt that it tasted so good, either!
Pepper Steak
Ingredients:
4 steaks (I used 4 NY Strip and 4 Ribeye, doubling the sauce recipe to make two meals; you could use sirloin as well)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard
Lightly score edges of steak at 1-inch intervals. Preheat grill or broiler. Combine butter, parsley, onion, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and mustard in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, over low heat, until butter melts. Reserve 1/4 of the mixture. Place steak on grill or broiler pan. Brush steak with butter mixture. Cook, basting frequently with butter mixture, about 6 minutes per side for medium. If freezing: Place cooked steaks in food saver bag, vacuum-seal and freeze. Thaw 24 hours before heating in microwave and serve.
I also made Loaded Baked Potatoes (placed 4 small potatoes in microwave and cooked for 10 minutes; mashed down and put on a little bit of butter, cheese, bacon bits, salt & pepper) and some green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts