Monday, May 11, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon


My inspiration for this meal came from the Guiltless Grill Menu at Chili's. I had a coupon for a free Guiltless Grill entree, and I tried the Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon. It was fabulous! I decided to make a mock version since I had purchased salmon filets with my April Angel Food Ministries order. I prepared the filets in advance by broiling them in the oven when I had my once a month cooking adventure. I learned the hard way that my large bar pan did not get along with my broiler (the bar pan cracked down the middle).
Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon
Ingredients:
salmon filets
honey mustard salad dressing
Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Broil salmon 5-10 minutes per side, or bake for 20 minutes until filets flake easily with a fork. If freezing: place in food saver bag, vacuum seal, and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. To prepare sauce: stir in about 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning with aout 4 Tbsp honey mustard. Heat in microwave and spread honey mustard sauce over tops of filets.
This was an ok meal. My husband said that he needed more sauce on his filets. The kids ate a few bites of the salmon, which was more than what I expected from either of them. I didn't quite match Chili's honey mustard sauce, but it was still a decent meal and something out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts