Our life has just gotten busier than ever. Our son started baseball this past week, and hubs, bless his heart, signed up to be a head coach. So on top of everything else that goes on, now there will be baseball practices, games, and a whole lot of running around. Yikes! And this week alone, there is something going on every. single. day! Thankfully, I made a whole bunch of freezer meals this past weekend (more on that coming soon), so we should be able to avoid the fast food trap, at least for the next month until my next freezer meal cooking day.
Definitely gonna' be playing the "balancing act" game this week. Here's to maintaining our sanity!
Now, on to the menu plan for this week. :)
Monday--Apple-Stuffed Pork Chops, Squash
Mondays are our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE night, and we have a fun lesson and activity. On this night, we'll decorate Easter eggs. I also plan on making brownies for a Young Women's activity Tuesday night. Also, my daughter has an Easter party on Wednesday at her preschool, so she and I will prepare some muffins or cupcakes for her to take to her party. I'd prefer to make these Tuesday night, but I'll be out at a meeting and won't have a chance to do any baking when I get home afterwards.
Tuesday--Chicken Divan, Ants on a Log
I have a meeting at church for Young Women's (youth program for the girls). I actually get to teach the lesson. Hubs will prepare supper and have it ready for when I get home after work. That way, I can spend time with the family before going to my meeting, and I won't have to starve, which is probably what would happen if I made dinner because I probably wouldn't have it ready in time before needing to leave.
Wednesday--Grilled Pork Chops, Apple Salad, Creamed Corn
Hubs has a meeting at church on this night. Our son will have his Easter party tomorrow, so I'll have him help me make cupcakes (which he signed up for) while hubs is at his meeting.
Thursday--Sour Cream Noodle Bake, Green Beans
No one will actually have to go anywhere this evening, but we'll be busy working on chores and catching up since there's so much going on this week.
Friday--Glazed Chicken and Rice Pilaf, Mixed Vegetables
My son and hubs have baseball practice this evening. Practice is fairly early, so my daughter and I will watch for a little while, then come home and get dinner ready for when the menfolk come home.
Breakfast: Caramel Rolls
Dinner: Baby Back Bash Ribs, Sweet Corn Bread, Okra
With this day being part of Easter weekend, my daughter will not have dance class, so I get to make a homemade breakfast. We'll also spend part of the day at friends' helping them with their garden, returning a recent favor.
Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes, Sausage Links, Hash Browns, Eggs
Dinner: Chicken and Squash
Our church will have a special broadcast this day, and one of our traditions is to make a big breakfast with all the fixin's. The kids and I normally just have the pancakes and eggs, but hubs likes to have his sausage and hash browns, too.
Stay tuned for recipes as they'll be posted throughout the week. :)
In need of some menu planning help? Visit OrgJunkie.com!
- Wok's For Dinner: Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Garden Update: New Life
- March Freezer Cooking Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/29-4/4/10
- What's Wrong With This Picture?
- Time Out For Women: A Haircut
- Wok's For Dinner: Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Spectacular Sides: Orange Salad
- Bargain Buys & Bulk Meat Purchase
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 11
- A Better Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
- Guest Post at Melissa's Bargain Blog
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/22-3/28/10
- Garden Buddies
- Bulk Meat Purchases: Planning Ahead for Freezer Da...
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Corned Beef and Cabb...
- A Better Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 10
- Wok's For Dinner: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchilada...
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/15-3/21/10
- Planting Peas on St. Patrick's
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
- Doubting Your Bargain Purchases
- Bargain Buys: A Week of Groceries Under $26!!
- Garden Update: From Seeds to Seedlings
- Wok's For Dinner: Salmon Patties (a.k.a. Krabby Pa...
- Gardening With Your Kids
- Wok's For Dinner: Lite Lemon Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Pizza Casserole
- March OAMM Menu
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 9
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta
- Time Out For Women
- Spectacular Sides: Carrot & Raisin Sald
- Wok's For Dinner: Kraut Bierocks
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/8-3/14/10
- The Goody Bag
- Our 2010 Gardening Adventures Have Begun!
- Wok's For Dinner: Rustic Stuffed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Trout Au Gratin
- A Better Breakfast: Apple Date Yogurt
- Wok's For Dinner: Taco Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork Roast With Plum/Fig Sauce
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 8
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison and Bean Tostadas
- ▼ March (53)