Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Beast

Hubs went out to the garden this evening to get me a bell pepper for tonight's meal. He came back with several cucumbers, summer squash, bell peppers, and this:

This zucchini has GOT to be a record-setter. Well, at least a record for our household. :) Hubs said that it had been hiding underneath another zucchini, which was hidden underneath a large zucchini plant leaf. Had he not moved the leaf, he wouldn't have seen either zucchini. I told hubs to get out his pumpkin carving tools and make us a jack-o-lantern. It's that large! I wonder how large it would have gotten if he'd left it on the plant...?

Try as I might, I couldn't get my thumb to reach far enough around the zucchini's neck in order to touch my fingers. The neck is much larger than my wrist or even my husband's wrist. I wasn't kidding when I said it was huge! :)

One of the great things about zucchini is that you can chop it up, stick it in a freezer bag, and stash it in your freezer for another day. Keeps the zucchini from going bad, especially if you're not able to use it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts