Monday, July 13, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Zucchini Parmigiana


Tonight's meal came courtesy of ChefMom's recipe box. I printed this recipe up on 3/5/2008 and the first time I made it was when I prepared it and froze it on my June freezer meal day. I came across it while looking for squash & zucchini recipes in my cookbook and thought it was worth trying at least once. And I either needed to make it or get rid of the recipe since I had held onto it for so long.

Chicken Zucchini Parmigiana

Ingredients:
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp ol
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
seasoning salt to taste
1 large or 2 medium zucchini, sliced
4oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil

Directions:
In a large, heavy skillet, saute' chicken breast and garlic in oil about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with seasoning salt to taste. Remove from skillet; set aside. Add zucchini to skillet, sprinkle with seasoning salt to taste and cook and stir 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Push to sides of skillet. Arrange chicken in middle of skillet. Top with cheese, tomato sauce and herbs. Cover, cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is hot. If freezing: Cook the chicken, then add seasonings, tomato sauce and zucchini. You do not need to cook the zucchini since this can be cooked on the day you eat the meal. Also, do not add cheese at this point. Place chicken/zucchini mixture into a gallon-size freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal and place in freezer. Thaw at least 24 hours in refrigerator. Simmer in skillet over low heat until heated through; add cheese and let simmer until cheese is melted.


Hubs said that he really liked this meal. The kids ate it all right. As for me...

I did not like it.

I gave the leftovers to the dogs.

This particular recipe will be going into the recycle bin.

I think that I'm just spoiled by the Parmesan Chicken recipe that I got from Congressman Ron Paul. It is really, really good (in my unprofessional opinion. :) However, I do think that I can improve the Parmesan Chicken recipe by adding chopped zucchini in addition to the green bell pepper. I definitely have the wheels turning on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts