Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Conversions & Substitutions--Chocolate

One of my all-time favorite foods has got to be chocolate. Okay. So chocolate is not an actual food. But it still ranks pretty high in my list of favorites! There have been times when I've done some baking and run into a snag when I realized I was low on or completely out of a particular ingredient (chocolate!). But it's usually not a problem if I have other ingredients on-hand that I can substitute for my missing ingredient.

Chocolate Substitutions

Ingredient ~ Substitute

1 ounce (1 square) unsweetened chocolate ~ 3 Tbsp cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp shortening or margarine

1 ounce (1 square) semisweet chocolate ~ 1 square unsweetened chocolate + 1 Tbsp sugar or 3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate pieces

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate piece for melting ~ 3 ounces (3 squares) semisweet chocolates

For baking substitutions, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts