Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Grilled Citrus Chicken

This month was the first time that I incorporated our grill into our freezer meal cooking day. I try to use a variety of cooking methods, so I'm not stuck standing at the stove, or roasting the house with the oven running non-stop all day. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to cook several meals at one time, by utilizing the slow cooker, stove & oven. So far, it seems to work, and I haven't tripped the breaker!

I added the grill due to this meal being a "grilled" meal. I did not freeze the chicken, since I planned it for this evening's meal, just a few days after the freezer meal cooking day. However, it still worked out because it was cooked in advance and I simply heated it in the microwave. A big time saver. Although, it wouldn't matter tonight because I'm flying solo. Hubs, his dad, and my son are about 40 miles outside of Indianapolis as I write this, on their way to visit family and go fishing in Minnesota. My daughter is spending the night with her grandma. Nice having a quiet evening at home, but I'm sad to be all alone. Thank goodness for the blogging community to keep me company!

I got this recipe from Startsampling. I tried to stay as close as possible to the recipe, but made a modification or two. Here's my version (I made a half batch):

Grilled Citrus Chicken

Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In shallow bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken. Add chicken; turn to coat with marinade. Cover dish and refrigerate, turning chicken occasionally, at least 2 hours. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning chicken once (so you get real good grill marks on each side). Brush chicken with marinade occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts