Monday, July 20, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Pineapple Beef Kabobs

This recipe sounded absolutely irresistible when I came across it. You know those recipes that make your mouth water and you've only skimmed about halfway through it? You can view the original recipe here. My version is below (a few changes to the ingredients based on what was in the pantry).



Pineapple Beef Kabobs



Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
3 tbsp cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp minced galic
1 1/2 tsdp ground ginger
1 1/2 lbs new york strip steak, fat removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 medium sweet vidalia onion, cut into 1-inch pieces

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Pour into a resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerator overnight. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread beef, pineapple and onion onto skewers. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5 minutes; turn kabobs over and grill another 5 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.


Hubs is not the biggest fan of kabobs. By "not the biggest fan", I mean he was none too pleased that we were having kabobs tonight. He doesn't like eating something off a stick; I don't know why this is a problem for him because I always pull everything off the skewer for him. He wanted me to order pizza, but I put my foot down and told him that we were having kabobs for supper. And you know what? He loved the meal! He ate a little crow, and I did the happy-I-told-you-so dance. It was a win-win situation for us all. :) Now I'm not such a big fan of raw onion, and even though it was grilled, it was still raw onion. So next time I'll just saute' big chunks of onion then add it to the beef & pineapple after grilling those up. But I really, really loved the taste of the grilled pineapple. Divine! The meat was juicy and tender. Heaven! Definitely worth making again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts