Saturday, July 11, 2009

July OAMM Menu


UPDATED: 7/18/09 I didn't have as much chicken as I thought I would, so I knocked off Cobb Syle Chicken Sandwiches. Alsodecided to not make Asian Pork Tenderloins and instead made Hash Brown Pork Skillet.

I finally, finally created my freezer meal menu plan for this month. I know that you've been holding your breath waiting for this to come out. lol I will be cooking everything up on Saturday, July 18. I'm really excited about the menu. We'll be trying a lot of new recipes, some old favorites, and some recipes that are sort of new (made only once or twice) but we really enjoyed. My menu is based on meats & ingredients that I bought at grocery stores utilizing sales ads, and what I've purchased from my July Angel Food Ministries order.

Freezer Meals:
Chicken Fingers With Dipping Sauces
Old World Manicotti
Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
Pineapple Beef Kabobs
Sweet 'N Sour Pork Chops
Pork Tenderloin With Glazed Onions
Apricot-Glazed Pork
Baked Pork Chops With Apples (from Taste of Home Holiday: Thanksgiving 2008)
Asian Pork Tenderloins (from Taste of Home: Simple and Delicous May/June 2009) removed 7/19/09
Hash Brown Pork Skillet (from Taste of Home: Simple and Delicious May/June 2009) added 7/19/09
German Pork Roast (from Taste of Home: April & May 2009)
Sticky Chicken (from Taste of Home: April & May 2009)
Marinated Shrimp on the Barbie
Stir-Fried Shrimp and Pea Pods
Li'l Cheddar Meatloaves
Cheesy BBQ Chicken Sadwiches
Southwestern Chicken Fajita Wraps
Slow Cooker Pork Chops w/Apple-Cherry Stuffing
Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos
Grilled Citrus Chicken
Cobb Style Chicken Sandwiches removed 7/19/09
Baked Ham With Marvelous Mango Chutney
Cilantro Lime Chicken

Non-Freezer Meals: These are meals I'll make the day we'll eat them, either because they won't freeze well or because it's a premarinated meat/prepared meal that I can just heat & serve.
Ham Steak & Eggs
Italian Chicken
Lemon Pepper Chicken
Honey Mustard Chicken
Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Stir-Fry
Broccoli Baked Potatoes
Shrimp & Broccoli With Pasta (from Taste of Home: Simple and Delicious May/June 2009)
Ham & Potato Pockets

There were a LOT more recipes that I would have liked to added to this month's menu. A LOT! But I had to stick with the meats in my freezer and my AFM order. But since there are so many extra recipes I'm interested in, I can use them to plan ahead for August!

I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not using as many of my own recipes this time. But like I said, I really wanted to try a lot new recipes and make some of the new ones we made in recent months. I avoided recipes that called for squash & zucchini, even though our garden is still producing bevy of veggies. But my plan is to incorporate squash or zucchini into some of the planned recipes, and to continue making plenty of side dishes, too. Our meals won't lack for squash!

There's definitely a "pork" theme this month, but that's because I got a great deal on pork loin at Piggly Wiggly. I cut the pork loin to make chops. For just $1.79/lb, it was a much better deal than buying pre-cut pork chops. I also got a picnic ham that was on sale at Food Lion. I don't remember the exact price, I think it was $0.98/lb. So I also cut that up into three separate sections to make 3 meals. Boneless/skinless chicken breasts were on sale at Sav-A-Lot for $4.99/3lb bag, an absolute steal in comparison to other stores (these are priced at $6.97 at Wal-Mart and a 2.5lb bag is $12.99 at Food Lion).

So now I just need to "wait it out" until July 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts