Unlike some of the more well-known blogs, I don't have a huge number of readers. But I do have several followers through Feedburner, Facebook, and Blogger. But over the course of two days, I've lost two of my Blogger followers. :( It may not seem like a lot, but like I mentioned, I don't have a huge number of readers, so a change of one, whether up or down, is significant!
I hope that I've not offended these two previous readers. I've always been the kind of person that wanted to be friends with everyone and tried to do things to please, well, everyone. So to lose two readers in two days is a hard pill to swallow.
So sorry to the two readers who dropped me! I'm sorry that I missed out on over a week of blogging due to my situation at work and then going on vacation. Perhaps that was a turn off.
For those who do not know, I work full-time, well over 40 hours a week, as a human resources professional in a manufacturing facility. Hubs and I have been married for 8 1/2 years, and we have a kindergartener and a preschooler. Hubs encouraged me to start this blog earlier this year. I knew that my time would be stretched thin, but I've tried my best to devote as much time to my blog as I reasonably can, without it disrupting my time with my family (and my own sanity for being constantly busy!).
I'm not always able to post something, although I do try. My goal is at least two posts per day. But that's easier said than done. Life happens, and I have to find balance and prioritize what gets done during my day.
And that's the whole purpose of this blog--finding balance. Be it once a month cooking, finding the occasional bargain or hot deal, spending time with family, finding time for self, or just trying out something new.
I don't earn a single dime for this blog, and anything that costs money (like sending out coupons to giveaway winners) has come out of my own pocket. I have one Google Adsense ad, which I don't think has received even one click. I had intended trying to set up the blog for $$, but unfortunately I just don't have the time to devote to it. So it's become a hobby instead, and that I like.
I've been banned from blogging during my lunch hour at work, which means any blog work that gets done ends up being late at night after the kids go to bed, and before my own head hits the pillow. So, if I'm lucky, an hour each evening, two hours at best, to do whatever needs to get done on my computer, blogging, facebooking, printing coupons, hunting down deals, reading other blogs, emailing friends & family...you get the idea.
It's not that I don't want to blog--far from it. Again, it's a matter of playing the balancing act game, and trying to find a little time for "this" and a little time for "that" and everything else that has to get done here on the home front.
So please understand and please forgive me if I miss a day here and there, or if a post or two is a little lacking. I care about my readers, and I do strive to provide good recipes and ideas for you to help you, too, find balance in your own lives.
Thank you to each of you who read this blog regularly, as well as those who check in periodically to say "Hi". You're what keeps me going!!
- ► 2010 (216)
- From Mommy To Mom
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatless Sicilian Supper
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- And the winner is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- Out of Stock? How About a Rain Check?
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham Jambalaya
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Divan
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Giveaway: It's not too late!...
- Menu Plan Monday--11/23-11/29/09
- It's A Date!
- A Frugal-Minded Husband
- Money-Wise: Using Bulk Meat
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- GIVEAWAY!! Softsoap Nutri Serums
- Leftovers ~ Schmeftovers
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Coupon Myths: From All You
- November OAMM Freezer Meal Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Beef Over Noodles
- The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/16-11/22
- Walgreens Rocks!
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatloaf Pie
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet
- Wok's For Dinner: Chunky Picadillo Chili Wraps
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Pepper Steak
- November OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday--11/9-11/15/09
- Target Rocks!
- I've Been Dumped!
- Freezer Meals Time Savers: Getting Ready
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Baked Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops
- Cheap Family Fun: A Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Freezing Peas & Green Beans
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Parsley Dumplings
- Wok's For Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday--11/2-11/8/09
- ▼ November (47)