This was inadvertently labeled "Pork Broccoli Delight" when I created my menu plan for this week, but it really was supposed to be "Pork Broccoli Risotto." Gee, I wonder who goofed that up...? :D
Pork Broccoli Risotto
1 lb boneless pork chops, cooked and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (I used one from my garden)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 can beef broth plus enough water to make 2 1/4 cups
1/2 cup milk
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, bell pepper, garlic, onion, salt and pepper and saute' in oil about 4 or 5 minutes. Stir in rice, beef broth & water. Heat to boiling, then cover and reduce heat. Simimer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and broth has been absorbed. Stir in milk and cooked, diced pork. Heat until hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
If freezing: The way I made this a freezer meal is by cooking the pork ahead of time. I had bought a large pork loin and cut it up into chops. I left some of the loin in sections the size of a small roast. I then baked the pork roast in the oven, then cut it into 1-inch cubes, sealed it in a food saver bag and froze it. I thawed the pork in the fridge for 24 hours then prepared the meal as indicated above.
This was definitely an inexpensive meal, although it wasn't the tastiest. It could have used more salt. A lot more salt. But still a pretty cheap and easy meal to make.
- ► 2010 (216)
- From Mommy To Mom
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatless Sicilian Supper
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- And the winner is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- Out of Stock? How About a Rain Check?
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham Jambalaya
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Divan
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Giveaway: It's not too late!...
- Menu Plan Monday--11/23-11/29/09
- It's A Date!
- A Frugal-Minded Husband
- Money-Wise: Using Bulk Meat
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- GIVEAWAY!! Softsoap Nutri Serums
- Leftovers ~ Schmeftovers
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Coupon Myths: From All You
- November OAMM Freezer Meal Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Beef Over Noodles
- The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/16-11/22
- Walgreens Rocks!
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatloaf Pie
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet
- Wok's For Dinner: Chunky Picadillo Chili Wraps
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Pepper Steak
- November OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday--11/9-11/15/09
- Target Rocks!
- I've Been Dumped!
- Freezer Meals Time Savers: Getting Ready
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Baked Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops
- Cheap Family Fun: A Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Freezing Peas & Green Beans
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Parsley Dumplings
- Wok's For Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday--11/2-11/8/09
- ▼ November (47)