We had this meal for dinner Sunday night. The recipe came from Kraft Foods and sounded really interesting. I'm quite familiar with using Italian dressing as a marinade, but had never heard of using Catalina dressing, one of the ingredients for this recipe. Needless to say, I was rather intrigued!
Orange Pepper Steak
1/2 cup Catalina dressing
grated peel and juice from 1 medium orange
2 green onions, chopped (I used 1/2 medium onion)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 2lb (I used ribeyes that came in my September Angel Food Ministries order)
Mix dressing, orange peel, orange juice, onions and seasonings in a large shallow dish until well blended. Add steak to remaining dressing mixture; turn to evenly coat both sides. Refrigerator at least 1 hour to marinate. Preheat broiler. Drain steak; discard marinade. Place steak on rack of broiler pan. Broil, 2 to 3 inches from heat source, 8-10 minutes on each side.
If freezing: After broiling, place steaks in food saver bag and vacuum seal. Freeze; thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Heat in microwave.
This was a nice meal, definitely a different way to eat steak. My 3-yr-old daughter loved it and at all of hers, plus her brother's, plus a 3rd helping (I didn't give her a lot, two bites with each helping that I cut up into tiny pieces). Quite an astonishing thing to witness because she doesn't come across as being a real big meat eater. Still, she loves her beef!
- ► 2010 (216)
- From Mommy To Mom
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatless Sicilian Supper
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- And the winner is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- Out of Stock? How About a Rain Check?
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham Jambalaya
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Divan
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Giveaway: It's not too late!...
- Menu Plan Monday--11/23-11/29/09
- It's A Date!
- A Frugal-Minded Husband
- Money-Wise: Using Bulk Meat
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- GIVEAWAY!! Softsoap Nutri Serums
- Leftovers ~ Schmeftovers
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Coupon Myths: From All You
- November OAMM Freezer Meal Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Beef Over Noodles
- The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/16-11/22
- Walgreens Rocks!
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatloaf Pie
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet
- Wok's For Dinner: Chunky Picadillo Chili Wraps
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Pepper Steak
- November OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday--11/9-11/15/09
- Target Rocks!
- I've Been Dumped!
- Freezer Meals Time Savers: Getting Ready
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Baked Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops
- Cheap Family Fun: A Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Freezing Peas & Green Beans
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Parsley Dumplings
- Wok's For Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday--11/2-11/8/09
- ▼ November (47)