Sunday, November 29, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches

I've intended on making this meal several times (I've only held onto the recipe for about 6 years now!). You'd think I would have found time a long time ago, but it's just one of those recipes that I look at and thing "maybe" but never really get around to it. I had it on one of my monthly menu plans a few months ago, but it never made it to the table. But since I received several breaded chicken patties in my November Angel Food Ministries order, I decided to try them as a substitute for b/s chicken breasts and try out these sandwiches for a change.

Cobb Style Chicken Sandwich


Ingredients:
4 slices bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked (I used breaded chicken breast patties instead)
honey
cheese slices (Swiss, cheddar, Monterrey Jack, etc.)
bread slices (Kaiser rolls would work great, but I used plain ol' white)
Dijon-style mustard
mayonnaise
1 small tomato, thinly sliced (I used a tomato picked from our garden)
1/2 small ripe avocado, sliced
fresh lettuce leaves (I used some lettuce from our garden)

Directions:
Cook chicken according to your preference (baked, sautee'd, grilled). Cook bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Brush cooked chicken with honey; top with cheese. Spread bread slices or Kaiser rolls with mustard and mayonnaise. Add chicken with cheese, bacon and toppings. Top with bread slice or roll top.

Delicious! Hubs really liked it, and it was an interesting change to supper. Why did I put of making it for so long??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts