Sunday, November 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09

I'm so excited that the holiday season is here! A week ago today, I found myself surprised that Thanksgiving was so close and all the other holiday activities and traditions leading up to Christmas. Excited about them yes, but not really prepared for them. But I had a great 4-day weekend, and managed to get the Christmas tree and decorations up this past Friday. It definitely helped me get back in the right frame of mind, and it looks like we'll be able to do most, if not all, of the things on our list before year's end (without being stressed out trying to get them all done!).

Here's the menu plan for this week. Recipes will be posted throughout the week.

Monday--Chicken Fried Rice (an Angel Food Ministries meal, so no recipe will be posted), Sautee'd Cabbage, Squash
This is our weekly Family Home Evening night. We'll be discussing the gift of the Savior, and our activity will be making homemade ornaments to give as presents.

Tuesday--Turkey Shepherd Pie, Stuffing
This is one of the few "leftovers" meals that I can get my husband to eat. I use leftovers from Thanksgiving to make an entirely new meal. I was going to use extra chicken meat from a Rotisserie Chicken we had recently, but my mother-in-law gave me so much turkey leftover from Thanksgiving, so I'll just use the turkey instead and keep the cooked chicken in the freezer for another meal.

Wednesday--Family-Size Baked Burrito, Orange Slices, Celery Sticks

Thursday--Hotch Potch & Root Vegetables

Friday--Out
This will be a busy day. My son has a field trip in the morning to see a condensed version of The Nutcracker ballet. I plan on taking some time off from work to go with him. My niece has a birthday party in the evening, and afterwards I'll be at my monthly girls' night out scrapbooking crop. I *think* there will be food at the birthday party, so hubs and the kids should be okay (if not, hubs will probably get some McDonald's or something for them). I'll eat when I get to the crop since dinner is provided.

Saturday--Country Ham and Macaroni Casserole, Tossed Salad
Another busy day! My daughter has dance class in the morning. Afterward, I'll take her and my son to a Gingerbread House Wonderland Breakfast at a local art gallery. We'll make gingerbread houses, drink hot cocoa, and eat some tasty muffins. In the afternoon, we'll go to the Christmas parade. Both of my kids get to ride on a float in the parade with their school!

Sunday--Chili Corn, Green Beans

For hundreds of menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts