I wanted something hot to warm us up for supper this evening, since we'd be out at the downtown Christmas lighting event and it was supposed to get a little chilly. I had this meal on my monthly menu, and with the word "hot" in the recipe title, it seemed perfect. Plus, it'd be really easy and quick to make since I turned it into a freezer meal. The original recipe is here; I tweaked it a bit.
Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
1 package pork gravy mix, enough to make 1 cup gravy
3 pork chops, cooked
sliced bread, toasted
Prepare pork gravy according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat pork chops in microwave 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve pork chops over toasted bread and spoon some gravy on top.
If freezing: You can use pork chops or sliced pork roast. Whenever you make a pork recipe, prepare some extra chops or a larger roast. After cooking, take the extra pork and freeze in a food saver bag or freezer bag. Thaw 24 hours in fridge then heat & serve as directed above.
One word for tonight's meal: delicious! And so simple to make. Hubs is not a gravy fan, but even he liked this. (I think it's the homemade gravy he's truly opposed to because he thinks it's loaded with grease; good thing I don't make homemade gravy!)
- ► 2010 (216)
- From Mommy To Mom
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatless Sicilian Supper
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- And the winner is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- Out of Stock? How About a Rain Check?
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham Jambalaya
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Divan
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Giveaway: It's not too late!...
- Menu Plan Monday--11/23-11/29/09
- It's A Date!
- A Frugal-Minded Husband
- Money-Wise: Using Bulk Meat
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- GIVEAWAY!! Softsoap Nutri Serums
- Leftovers ~ Schmeftovers
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Coupon Myths: From All You
- November OAMM Freezer Meal Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Beef Over Noodles
- The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/16-11/22
- Walgreens Rocks!
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatloaf Pie
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet
- Wok's For Dinner: Chunky Picadillo Chili Wraps
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Pepper Steak
- November OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday--11/9-11/15/09
- Target Rocks!
- I've Been Dumped!
- Freezer Meals Time Savers: Getting Ready
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Baked Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops
- Cheap Family Fun: A Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Freezing Peas & Green Beans
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Parsley Dumplings
- Wok's For Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday--11/2-11/8/09
- ▼ November (47)