Ever have one of those days where nothing goes quite as planned? That was my day, both at work and at home thisevening. As for tonight's meal, I planned to have potatoes and plums. But the meeting that was planned for Thursday got pushed back to this evening, so I just didn't have time to make the potatoes, and the plums were too right and had to get sent to the compost pile. So in lieu of potatoes, we had crackers. And instead of plums, I opened a can of sliced peaches. Minor modifications, but considering my day at work (and I'll spare you the details), I guess I expected nothing less. :)
Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slices
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 bone-in pork loin chops, 1-1/2 inches thick each (I used 3 chops)
1/4 cup water
1 jar (12ozs) currant jelly (I used a couple tablespoons apple butter)
3-4 unpeeled green tart apples, thinly sliced (I just used red delicious apples)
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat the pork chops. Place in a greased 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan (I used a much smaller pan since I only had 3 chops). Add water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160 F. In a large skillet, melt the jelly. Add apples. Cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, turning occasionally. Serve with pork chops.
If freezing: Cook as directed then place all ingredients in a gallon-size freezer bag. Squeeze out all air, seal and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in fridge; heat in microwave; serve.
This didn't turn out as great as the last time I made it. (It definitely didn't look as pretty!). But the pork chops tasted really well. The apples tasted like sweetened pork chops, a rather unusual flavor for apples. Still, something different to eat and it wasn't too bad.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- ► 2010 (216)
- From Mommy To Mom
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatless Sicilian Supper
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- And the winner is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- Out of Stock? How About a Rain Check?
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham Jambalaya
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Divan
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Giveaway: It's not too late!...
- Menu Plan Monday--11/23-11/29/09
- It's A Date!
- A Frugal-Minded Husband
- Money-Wise: Using Bulk Meat
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- GIVEAWAY!! Softsoap Nutri Serums
- Leftovers ~ Schmeftovers
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Coupon Myths: From All You
- November OAMM Freezer Meal Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Beef Over Noodles
- The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/16-11/22
- Walgreens Rocks!
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatloaf Pie
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet
- Wok's For Dinner: Chunky Picadillo Chili Wraps
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Pepper Steak
- November OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday--11/9-11/15/09
- Target Rocks!
- I've Been Dumped!
- Freezer Meals Time Savers: Getting Ready
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Baked Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops
- Cheap Family Fun: A Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Freezing Peas & Green Beans
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Parsley Dumplings
- Wok's For Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday--11/2-11/8/09
- ▼ November (47)