All right, I know, I've pulled a disappearing act, or so it may seem. We just got back a few days ago from a week-long trip to & from Texas, visiting family & catching up with friends. It was a very long drive (24 hours there and 24 hours back) and exhausting. I'm still in recovery mode. I really tried to get some posts created in advance so there would be plenty of articles for everyone to read while I was gone, but I just wasn't able to get to them and get them finalized. My job kept me ultra busy, working me 10 & 12 hour days. Might not seem like a lot, but I sure didn't like having to be at work at 5:30am and 6am for a week straight (maybe one day they'll learn that just because hours are added to my work day means hours are actually taken away from my sleep & family time!). But I am here, back to blogging. Please, only beat me with a wet noodle. :-D
Here's the menu plan for this week. I'm still working off freezer meals I made back in September! Can you believe it? I had so much extra freezer meals and non-freezer meals planned and available, plus we were gone for a week, that I didn't have to do a freezer meal cooking day in October! It sure was nice having a break from an all-day cooking event, but I will definitely need to do one in November. So be on the lookout for my menu in the next few days!
Monday--Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza, Green Beans (homegrown from our garden!)
We'll be having our weekly Family Home Evening this night. The plan is to take down all the Halloween decorations and put out the few Thanksgiving decorations that I have. My daughter also got a Memory card game from her grandparents for Halloween, and she's requested that we play that game for F.H.E. as well.
Tuesday--Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops, Sautee'd Cabbage, Parsley New Potatoes
Wednesday--Saucy Baked Chicken, Pears, Baby Carrots
Thursday--Sausage Pancakes, Baked Apples, Scrambled Eggs
Friday--Tomato Soup, Grilled Cheese, Fresh Pineapple
Park Designs is having its annual holiday yard sale from their warehouse. They have some of the cutest home & kitchen textiles & decor. I'm redoing my kitchen & dining room theme from grapes/fruit, which I've been doing for about 12 hours, to a country theme, so I'm ready to find some great bargains to spruce up the decor!
Saturday--Tuna Noodle Melt, Baby Carrots
Sunday--Orange Pepper Steak, Hasselback Roasted Potatoes, Orange Wedges
Hubs will be out of town for a few days on a "guys weekend trip" to Charlotte, NC, watching lots of car races for a few days. I always feel so uninspired to cook up anything fancy when he's out and it's me & the kids, hence the super simple meals towards the end of the week.
For all the best menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!!
- ► 2010 (216)
- From Mommy To Mom
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatless Sicilian Supper
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- And the winner is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- Out of Stock? How About a Rain Check?
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham Jambalaya
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Divan
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Giveaway: It's not too late!...
- Menu Plan Monday--11/23-11/29/09
- It's A Date!
- A Frugal-Minded Husband
- Money-Wise: Using Bulk Meat
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- GIVEAWAY!! Softsoap Nutri Serums
- Leftovers ~ Schmeftovers
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Coupon Myths: From All You
- November OAMM Freezer Meal Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Beef Over Noodles
- The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/16-11/22
- Walgreens Rocks!
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatloaf Pie
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet
- Wok's For Dinner: Chunky Picadillo Chili Wraps
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Pepper Steak
- November OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday--11/9-11/15/09
- Target Rocks!
- I've Been Dumped!
- Freezer Meals Time Savers: Getting Ready
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Baked Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops
- Cheap Family Fun: A Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Freezing Peas & Green Beans
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Parsley Dumplings
- Wok's For Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday--11/2-11/8/09
- ▼ November (47)